1,743 results
All reviews across the street ocean view street parking fire pit east beach state street zoo sb california wharf barbara santa bike
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Presidents' weekend get-away. Winter set in in eastern Washington and we few off to Santa Barbara. Lucky us - we had reserved an ocean view balcony. Friday and Saturday weather was fantastic for exploring the beaches and the Santa Barbara gardens. Others have written about a need to renovate but we were perfectly happy here. Though carpet and furnishings might be a bit older, we are happy not being poisoned by new carpets. Everything was perfect. It was a busy weekend and our parking space was always available when we returned.

Room tip: the ocean view is fabulous
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SCIOTO1, Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Pamela- Thank you for the kinds words! We look forward to having you back the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

-Shawn

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We booked this room for the weekend for my birthday to see family. We got snowed in in Chicago so my aunt got in late for check in and they put us in the back building across the street. The room had a small view of a home. Window is high up and no view at all, the room was ok. But for the money I would rather spend more to have more. The room is less to be desired. Not a lot of outlets, lighting is bad. Bathroom is small. Rooms need to be redone. It’s supposed to be an ocean hotel. I didn’t even know we were staying on the ocean because the building we were in was a block behind it.
Breakfast was nice, good food ($$$) nice server.
Main building looked nice but again we stayed in a back building. Not sure if that was because of the late arrival or what but for the $400 a night that weekend- not worth it!
Next time I’ll choose the F/P.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I frequently travel to SBA for business and have stayed at the Hyatt Centric many times. The quality of the furnishings and service is on the decline. I’m Hyatt Explorist status so familiar with many Hyatts. If you stay here go into your trip eyes wide open that the SBA Hyatt does not meet the fine standards of other Hyatt flagged hotels.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank macmtripa
SCIOTO1, Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback! I apologize our hotel didn't meet your standards and that you experienced several shortfalls during your stay here at the hotel. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay if you are available to speak please let me know!
-Shawn

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Relaxing property across from East Beach and a couple of blocks from Santa Barbara Zoo! Comfy rooms! Parking is limited! What else is new with Beach Front hotel! Restaurant is nice! One of Santa Barbara’s oldie but goodies!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Had wonderful time at this hotel. Staff was efficient and considerate. Location is lovely view of ocean and great place to walk/run. Food was excellent. Treated with surprise gift for birthday of my choosing. Quite nice!

• Trip type: Travelled with family