The Upham Hotel & Country House(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 353
Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$ 272
US$ 213
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$ 623
US$ 504
Kimpton
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 279
US$ 268
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 456
US$ 272
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 303/night.

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 517
US$ 409
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 271
US$ 256
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 420
  • Pool
Belmond El Encanto(Santa Barbara)
US$ 689
US$ 649
US$ 728
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleansmall fridgecoffee makernice poolquaint hotelstate stconvenient locationmuffinscoastdowntown
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I really hate to give this bad review because the property itself is kept very nice and seemed to be of good value for the area but the Vibe was really really BAD and so in fairness I must give it a bad review for future travelers. We had a very surly and condenseding front desk clerk who was also very rude. There were ashtrays on the grounds outside our room(about 20') and the young lady came by and was so rude to me about my cigarette. She told me the smoking area was on the other side of the pool and when I told her we thought that we were 20 feet away from the building as their rules stated and that we assumed that with ashtrays right there that it was an acceptable area to smoke she was awful! Again she was soo rude to me. I asked to see the Manager who I saw on the property and waited around for his vist to explain the situartion but he never made it to the room to see us. We waited for a few hours but he never came and we never received a call from him either. Yes it is good that he keeps his property nice but when in the service business you need to be kind and nice to the guests who are spending their travel dollars. If there is an infraction on the part of a guest, I think that they need to initially approach it with some courtesy. I owned a small Motel myself so I am aware of how these type things should be handled.I would recommend that you look for another place in the area because service is very important and rudness combined with lack of service is just not a good fit. I know that CA is not a smoke friendly destination but the clerk did not need to be rude to us since we explained that we thought we were observing the 20 foot away from the building policy and the property had ashtrays where we were smoking. BTW after this incident there was another woman smoking right near where we were and she was never confronted about it even though she was there in the same place smoking after the clerk approached us so rudely. That same clerk spoke to me like I was a 5 year old over trying to adjust the toaster to darken my bagel. It was our second and LAST stay at this property and it is a shame because the property itself is pretty nice but no one wants confrontation while on vacation! We were traveling for 6 weeks and stayed at many hotels during that period and this was by far our worst experience. I say find another place and don't take the chance of someone treating you rudely!

Room Tip: Find another property is my suggestion!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Spent four nights at the Oasis (had to leave two days early due to Thomas fire) and was really impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Kudos to the housekeeping staff who were always busy at work. The bathroom was spotless (as were the towels) and featured decorative tiling and spaciousness unusual for a budget class motel. The water pressure was a bit low, but probably due to the nearby wildfires raging--water had to be diverted for use in battling fires (obviously).

There is also a severe drought in SoCal and the air is super dry (humidity between 3-10%), so be prepared with plenty of moisturizer.

The front desk folks, including James, Daniel, and Tatiana were very gracious and accommodating, especially when the fires spread into SB County, necessitating guests depart early (the air outdoors was hazardous; no fault of the motel). No hassles with refund.

There is a small continental breakfast available (muffins, oatmeal, fruit, coffee, juice, etc.), but since I don't eat breakfast, can't speak to the quality. My daughter did say she enjoyed the blueberry muffin she had on our last morning at the motel.

We were in an upstairs room toward the back so it was very quiet throughout our stay. There is an adorable courtyard nearby, framed with bougainvillea. Inside the courtyard is a pool surrounded by tables and chairs, etc., so weather permitting, it's easy to run across the street and grab some deli sandwiches or salads at Gelson's (grocery) and bring them back to the motel and dine outside in beautiful surroundings.

The Oasis is a great option for travelers on a budget who are looking for a clean, quiet room with great WiFi. Conveniently located within walking distance of a grocery store, bookstore, great pizza restaurant and exotic spice store.

Room Tip: Upstairs toward the back, away from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tennesseetraveler58
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed 3 nights over Thanksgiving weekend & had no complaints staying here. It was a little small but cozy and comfortable. We stayed on ground floor by pool. In my opinion best rooms are 1 - 10, They other rooms were 2 story with no elevator. It's on a busy street with shopping across the street. But we had no noise at all. Rooms are old, but updated. Large cable TV, microwave, coffee maker, & refrigerator. Bed was comfortable & everything clean. Housekeeping very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast had plenty of food but served in the tiny office. If 2 people are in there it is crowded. You have to take your food & drink back to your room or they have tables outside. We would stay again if in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Really cannot fault this place. Don't get me wrong, this is the cheap option so don't expect a 5 star hotel. Clean room, humongous bed, lots of tv channels, breakfast is simple but tasty (banana muffins!), staff perfectly friendly. It's a good fifteen minute walk to town but there are plenty of places right over the road if you can't be bothered.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The good; safe location, beds were comfy. Walking distance to good restaurants and quaint grocery store. The bad; they advertise free breakfast...thats a huge stretch of the imagination!!! This hotel needs a major overhaul. It was ok for a couple of nights but for the price? Hmmmmm. Now to the Ugly; we booked hotel in April at a much higher price...while reviewing hotel pricing the day we arrived we found rooms there significantly cheaper...we asked if our room rates could be adjusted based on currently advertised rates we were told no, there were no rooms available at the ADVERTISED rate (no, we did not book using online site) also, there were vacancies the entire time we were there. In summary, if there is nothing else available it's ok but I would strongly urge you to keep looking

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends