Montecito Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Inn At East Beach(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Pacific Crest Hotel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sands Inn(Santa Barbara)
1,131 results
All reviewscharlie chaplintower suitebutterfly beachhonor barcharming hotelcoast village roadrooms are smallcontinental breakfastcomplimentary bikesmountain viewshops and restaurantsceiling fanthe santa barbara areastreet noiseshort walk to the beachbed was very comfortablethe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The Montecito Inn is useful to know about because it is a nice, clean, stylish hotel on the charming, upscale Lower Coast road of Montecito, about 10 minutes from State Street and the beach.

The hotel is well managed, clean and comfortable but is not a luxury hotel. Because it is an older hotel the rooms are smaller and the bathrooms are cramped. There is no air conditioning in the average room. There is a minibar with a refrigerator in each room. In my opinion, it is located too far from the beach to use as a beach hotel.

The front rooms overlook the street and offer a mountain view along with some traffic noise. There is no other view. The back rooms over look a roof and the neighborhood; one side overlooks a street and another the buildings next door.

There is not much interior public space but there is a pool area where people like to congregate in good weather. Space around the lobby fireplace is mostly taken by diners waiting for the Montecito Café known for very good food at reasonable prices. There is also a nice bar.

There is a rickety old elevator, which may annoy some people that I found charming.

Breakfast is provided by the hotel and included in the room rate but it is a very poor continental affair, perhaps the worse such breakfast I have had. Valet parking is indoor. The hotel is said to have been built in 1928 by Charlie Chaplin the silent and sound movie comedian.

Occasionally there are very good rates which is why it should be remembered. We would stay there again but it would not be our first choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank voxpopla
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed a night in this hotel for business. Great character and interesting history, nice period furnishings, comfortable bed, very quiet ceiling fan that helped to circulate air in the room, and very good complimentary breakfast. Downside is no convenient plug to power up your devices (only found one free plug in the whole room, except for a plug in the tiny bathroom). Also in my third floor tiny bathroom that faced the street, the shower window was only frosted halfway up, so I could see people out the window across the street when I was showering which meant they could see me (my shoulders and head anyway) lathering up. Turned off the bathroom lights and showered in the semi dark for some privacy. Also due to bad acoustics of the historic hotel, the road noise was considerable as were the intimate sounds coming from the couple in the room next to me.... I'd stay in this hotel again though, but would take some earplugs next time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I tried to book two rooms for 6 people, I person heard this over the phone just hang up the phone immediately. I guess he was assuming I was saving money to jam more people into one room.

I called back 3 times, they either don't answer or put me on hold.

Avoid this place of pathetic snobs at all cost.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GaryL33020
Jason_Copus, Director of Sales at Montecito Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Our hotel greatly values group bookings and has the accommodations to meet the needs of this reviewer. There is no reason we would have just hung up the phone and not booked his reservations. We would never disrespect any potential guests. We wish to welcome everyone to our hotel and provide them with the best service and accommodations any traveler can expect from a luxury hotel. The call must have lost connection and when he called back, our staff was busy and he was put on hold. However, we do apologize for the inconvenience this reviewer experienced. We pride ourselves in our professionalism and friendly service. Guests continue to come back because they know they can expect attentive service and to be taken care of.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great inn, super cute, comfortable with every amenity desired. the perfect location to walk around town and enjoy the Montecito community. Rooms are lovely, queen bed, sitting area, Nice TV, adequate bathroom, bright, highly functional. Price is very reasonable for the area, out the door $165.Daily parking is free, overnight $8. 24 hour coffee bar and tea, as well as continental breakfast provided with stay. Gym was excellent, plenty of cardio equipment, weights, stretching area, Television. the location and the area is one of the cutest I have seen in the country. Restaurants were excellent, Lucky's, and Tre Luna were excellent, a little pricey but high quality.

Room Tip: I chose Mountain view and close to the gym
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jlm456
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel was recommended by family but it was not what we expected. The rooms are small and I did not like the furnishings. While the bathroom was tremendous and nice. No real views from the hotel. It was walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Next time I'd stay at the canary or by the water.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple