I'm late in writing this review but...I was a guest at the Upham in early Nov 2011. I was by myself and stayed in a charming one room cottage. It was a comfortable room for one, but would have accommodated two. The grounds were lovely and the central garden inviting, so I enjoyed breakfast on the Inn porch each morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm not a big eater, so I found the continental style breakfast more than satisfying. All the food groups were offered and I appreciated that there was fruit available all day. Though I didn't partake of the afternoon wine and cheese, due to various other commitments, I did note that it was a nice offering. The proximity of the Inn to the central downtown area made playing tourist very easy.
If you prefer the impersonal modernity of a Hilton-style hotel, the Upham isn't for you. For me, I'll definitely be staying there again on my next visit to SB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara