I had a lovely time at the Upham for 3 nights. the reception was very accommodating and switching rooms (I was jet lagged so wanted somewhere quiet very early in the evening) was absolutely no problem for them. I don't quite understand some of the complaints about the hotel on this site, yes the rooms are a little quaint, and ok the bathrooms could do with an upgrade soon, but everything is very clean and comfortable, and works, the rooms were big enough and the bed was lovely and comfortable and cosy. I guess my only criticism is that the breakfast is limited, just pastries, cereal and toast with a hard boiled egg, but this seems ubiquitous when I travel to the US, hotel breakfasts just aren't so great. never mind, the cookies were a great touch and I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, in an expensive town it is reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara