All reviews the main house sun room greenwich cottage parlor room hors d'oeuvres and wine carriage room wrap around porch state street garden cottage the cottages wood burning fireplace breakfast delivered bed and breakfast afternoon wine cookies beautiful grounds early evening
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Classy and Elegant the Simpson House Inn is exquisite!
The service and facilities are impeccable and the lovely breakfast on the veranda overlooking the beautiful gardens was just a treat.
I would definately recommend the Simpson House Inn to anyone looking for a 5 star experience in all aspects of their stay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhianna s
Tony P, General Manager at Simpson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear rhianna s,
Thank you for staying at the Simpson House Inn. We look foward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I love the Simpson House Inn. The gardens are idyllic, the rooms elegant yet rustic, the food delicious and plentiful, and the staff so friendly and hospitable. This was our fifth stay there but our first time in the Abbeywood Cottage. The cottage had everything--fireplace, patio, jetted hot tub in the room, beautiful floors and rugs, beamed ceiling, luxurious bed linens, lovely seating area, and a nice private bathroom.

While here, I treated myself to the afternoon tea. I have some dietary requests which were accommodated completely. The sandwiches, scones, and desserts were delicious; the place setting beautiful, and the tea exactly as it should be. It was served outside on the veranda where I could enjoy the garden to my heart's content. I like a more traditional high tea and that can be hard to find. By my standards, this is the nicest high tea in Southern California.

This Inn is my favorite getaway place. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear travelseeker4,
Thank you for staying at the Simpson House Inn. We are glad you enjoyed our High Tea and all amenities included with your room stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I spend my life traveling and it takes a lot to impress me. Simpson House did. It perfectly delivers old world ambiance, impeccable decor and warm hearted service. Add a beautiful garden and voila, enjoy memorable magic.
You pay a little more but get so very much. Stay here, you will be glad you did.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Robert R,
Thank you so much for staying at the Simpson House Inn. We look foward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed her for two nights with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway from L.A.

The great stuff:

1. The staff is friendly and helpful
2. They have great free wine & appetizers every day in the main area
3. The lawns/grounds are beautiful and well maintained
4. The room (we stayed in the GARDEN ROOM) is super super cute, with a very comfortable bed, great robes, and an awesome semi-private patio
5. The (free!) breakfast was served on our patio in the morning, and was utterly delicious.
6. Very convenient location just a 5-min Uber to the main areas like Funk Zone, etc. -- but feels very secluded & quiet in a good way.

The not great stuff:

1. Staff was a little hard to find sometimes. When we wanted to give someone our breakfast order, and also when we were checking out, we had to wander around a bit to locate someone.
2. While the room was private, there were some kids running around the grounds at about 8am both Saturday and Sunday mornings. When you're a little hungover from your wine tour the day before, that's not fun. Even when you're not hungover it isn't fun, in my opinion. I get there are kids in every hotel, but there isn't usually a giant lawn for them to go nuts on right outside your room. They should have a noise policy at certain hours.
3. The bathrooms NEED WORK. The bedroom part of the room was great, but the bathroom MUST be updated if this place wants to call itself a 4 star property.

Overall, I'd recommend if you're looking for a cute, quaint and somewhat different hotel experience in Santa Barbara -- the good stuff definitely won out over the not-so-good stuff. As long as those bathrooms are worked on!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kyla B,
Thank you for staying at the Simpson House Inn. We appreciate your comments. We are an adults only property and try to advertise such as much as possible. Sometimes when guests show up with children then we must accommodate them as best that we can. We worked on the bathroom in the Garden Room and did find areas to be addressed. We are sorry for any inconvenience the children caused and please let us make up for this by calling me directly. Thank you again for letting us know about the bathroom so we could get back to a 5 diamond standard. We don't have a typical front desk here and find that guests like the privacy. We have two bells to notify staff and we are sorry this was not clearly pointed out. We truly care about your comments and it shows that you care. Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

My husband and I could not have asked for a better accommodation in Santa Barbara. The staff was INCREDIBLE and so welcoming. The grounds were extremely relaxing; I find myself daydreaming about our delicious breakfasts on the wrap-around porch. The locations is perfect and secluded, and I have already recommended the property to many of my friends and family! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KAK32,
Thank you for staying at the Simpson House Inn. We look forward to your return.