Stayed for 8 nights - 2 adults and 3 kids, paid $71.5 a night for a double bed suite (AAA rate). The rooms are spacious, and there is a separate living room area with a sofa-bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, work station and a TV. The other room has 2 beds and another TV. There is ample storage space for clothes. The décor is a bit dated but the room is large, clean and maid service was good. Water pressure was good (always a pet peeve of mine). The grounds are beautifully landscaped, with little sitting areas that have wrought iron furniture and bubbling fountains. We had our own balcony, which meant we could open the door to our room and step out into the fresh air. The lobby is beautiful. We used the Jacuzzi and pool, both were well maintained and clean. Used the self laundry facility, also convenient, it is $2 for a wash and $2 for a dry, in industrial size machines, so you get a lot of laundry done for this price. A change machine is located in the laundry room. Wi-Fi was free, simple and fast. Location is great – you are on the 55, which means you are about 4 minutes from the 5 or the 405, so you can get anywhere quickly, the drive to John Wayne airport is 5 minutes.
Some people commented that this was really a motel. I disagree since a motel is a motor hotel where you park your car near the room and is in general horizontal. This hotel is vertical (with 3 stories), it is just that the hallways are outdoors, perfect on the Southern California weather. The rooms face inside the hotel, towards the courtyards, not outside towards the parking (as would be in a motel)
The breakfast is a hot, made to order with eggs (or egg beaters) any way you like, omelets, pancakes, hash browns, sausage, all made fresh before your eyes. Also available are fruit, pastries and cereal, juices and coffee. A breakfast like that would probably cost you close to $40 for a family of 5. The main problem is that when the hotel was full, the line for breakfast was very long (20-30 minute wait). Other days we waited 10-15 minutes. You can still grab a cold breakfast and coffee and not wait in line, which is what we did when the line was too long. In the first days, there was a toaster so that you can toast your own bread, but it was gone later so if you want anything warm you have to stand in line. I see the attractiveness of getting a freshly prepared breakfast (especially at this rate), but I would have preferred a buffet style, with less of a wait time. I know they have been doing this breakfast for a long time (stayed there 16 years ago and it was same) so I guess they will not change that.
Still, a great value, large and clean rooms, convenient location, free hot breakfast. Would definitely recommend for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The CW Suites hotel is an atrium-style, 177 all-suite hotel. Hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to John Wayne Orange County Airport, free wireless Internet access and on-site fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, John Wayne Airport, CA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites John Wayne Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Quality Inn Santa Ana
- Quality Hotel Santa Ana
- Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, John Wayne Airport, CA Santa Ana, Orange County