US$ 111
US$ 88
US$ 80
QualityInn
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 102/night.

Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
US$ 101
US$ 98
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
US$ 111
US$ 86
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 107/night.

US$ 92
US$ 86
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 104/night.

US$ 156
US$ 218
US$ 141
Agoda.com
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
US$ 114
Priceline
US$ 374
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
3,020 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningon site restaurantkeurig coffee makerwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceansecond floorhear the wavescentral coast
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 15 June 2005

If you are going to visit the Hearst Castle , this is THE place to stay. Very close to the castle - I would suggest going on the first tour of the day to the Castle as it will be a more intimate tour. Anyway - the rooms are pretty basic - we paid only $90.00 for a room - no fireplace -but we had a great time hanging out and visiting with other guests by the fires they set for us on the cliff overlooking the beach. It was very cool and foggy when we were there, so this made it even more fun. Breakfast in the restaurant was quick, but just average. I would highly recommend eating dinner at Robin's in Cambria- we traveled up the Pacific Coast Highway from LA to SF and this was definitely the best meal we had in California - eat on the porch which is covered with a 20 year old vine - food is very fresh and delicious! The staff at Best Wetern Cavalier was very helpful and kind and even made reservations for us at Robin's. You cannot go wrong if you stay here on a visit to the Hearst Castle!!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 June 2005

We stayed in the Best Western Cavalier in San Simeon over the Memorial Day weekend, I couldn't tell you what the room looked like because I can't remember. I do remember being comfortable and cozy and having cooling ocean breezes coming through the windows with the sound of the ocean all night long. I remember having fun with my sister and children in the beautiful heated pool with the gorgeous ocean view. I remember walking along the beach, marveling at the multicolored river stones and collecting Prenhite Jade pebbles. I remember touring the Hearst Castle and having a great time. I remember eating delicious and affordable meals at the Cavalier Restaurant and sitting around one of the cliff top bonfires above the ocean telling ghost stories with my children. I remember being thankful I chose not to book our stay 5 minutes further down the coast in Cambria which seemed like a crowded tourist trap with Holly Hobby-like country chic stores. I remember Best Western Cavalier Hotel as perfect!!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 6 June 2005

We needed a hotel to stay at for a quick getaway to Hearst Castle. This hotel is about six miles away. We stayed in room 25#. If you stay in the 150's (first floor) and 250's (second floor)....I think those are the best rooms at the hotel.

They're facing the ocean, and you can watch everyone else without a fireplace in their room huddled outside next to one of the three fire pits in the area....it's a nice place to socialize, but it was more romantic relaxing in our room with the fireplace, hanging out on our balcony having dinner.

Only paid $130.

Nearby, there's a mile stretch of restaurants in Cambria. Nothing really special about the restaurants, so we took the food to go.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 June 2005

Excellent hotel. Don't let the front of the hotel fool you, it may look like a basic motel, but this place is pure class. The rooms are fab. Log fires, brillant ocean views, hear the waves crashing. Big on romance. Still talking about it. Stay a night or a weekend. The hotels diner is fine. We are going to go back the next time we are in California.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 May 2005

My husband and I needed a mini getaway from San Jose.We wanted to stay somewhere economical with a great view.The cavalier was perfect.
Our view from the balcony was wonderful.The in room binoculars was a
nie surprise.We were able to see sea otters from our balcony.The staff was pleasant and the food was great.
The king room with fireplace and a mini bar right on the ocean was perfect.
We enjoyed our stay just as much as our visit to Hearst Castle.

• Stayed: April 2005