US$ 111
US$ 88
US$ 80
QualityInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 89/night.

Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
US$ 101
US$ 98
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
US$ 111
US$ 86
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 106/night.

Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
US$ 116
US$ 92
US$ 86
US$ 156
US$ 374
Priceline
  • Restaurant
3,020 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningon site restaurantkeurig coffee makerwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceansecond floorhear the wavescentral coast
Reviewed 27 January 2015

The staff really went the extra mile for me and my dog Argyle. Even though this hotel is only rated a 3 1/2. The views of the ocean, access to the ocean front paths. Fireplaces in the room and Fire pits along the ocean were a lovely surprise. Fully stocked bar fridge and every amenitiy you could hope for. They upgraded me at the front desk as soon as I arrived with an Ocean view ground floor for my dog. The Noon checkout allowed me a leisurely breakfast a workout at the gym and a long beach walk. A mini vaction that was much more than expected.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 27 January 2015

I brought my wife here for our anniversary and she loved it. Woke up this morning to the sound of an elephant seal on the beach. How cool is that? Nice to have a real wood-burning fire in the fireplace in the room, a lovely view, good service. I like how they have to big comfy chairs facing the view, PLUS a balcony with an even better view.

They have regular rooms, "ocean view" rooms that are about 40 yards back from the ocean, and "ocean front" rooms that are right on the beach. We went with the middle ("ocean view") and they are fine. Can see over the top of the "ocean front" rooms to the left, and a clear view of the ocean on the right. Would stay here again.

Closest hotel to Hearst Castle. Food in restaurant is good but boring (typical motel restaurant fare).

Would definitely stay here again. However, the new Best Western reservation system is the pits. It even made a reservation for me, then lost it. Good thing I checked. In the end it took me several hours to get a reservation that worked, and had to call their customer service line several times to fix things. They were even having problems with the system. Book through somewhere else.

Room Tip: "Ocean view" rooms are 40 yards back, but have fine view. "Ocean front" are right on the beach, but much more expensive. We were happy with "ocean view".
3  Thank wmleler
Reviewed 27 January 2015

This place definitely earns the word "resort" in it's title.

My best friend Walt and I stayed here many times over the years. Unfortunately, I lost Walt to cancer 2 years ago. As hard as it was for me, I returned for a short visit this month. It brought back so many great memories. We felt this place was like the hub for our stays on the coast. I could write a book on it. The people at the front desk and restaurant are top notch. The food at the restaurant is good. The rooms are always perfect, clean, with the most comfortable beds and bedding. Since my last vist, they just added huge thin panel TVs. We usually would stay up front near the front office. However, there are 2 other buildings with upgraded rooms with fireplaces, direct views of the ocean, etc. The selling point for us were the fire pits at night. Sitting out there, meeting new people, watching the ocean and listening to the waves crash. Sometimes, seeing a light from a ship out on the horizon. Or maybe seeing the flashing light from the Piedras Blancas lighthouse just north of there. You will always see staff on the property, working on things, and doing basic upkeep. It is in a prime location. The Hearst Castle is just slightly north. This resort is the premier place to stay in the area. Walt and I always joked about buying the property ( yeah, like we could afford it ) and running the place. A definite treasure. As with any coastal property, during prime season it can be a little pricey, but worth it. During off peak travel times, it's a steal. Enjoy your visit!

Room Tip: Choose any room on the property. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank lwjontheroad
Reviewed 26 January 2015

This hotel was definitely a nice stay, for the price and for the location it was a great price. I got the AAA discount so it cost around 400$. My friend and I went here to spend a couple nights because we wanted to just be to ourselves for that weekend before I went back to school and it was nothing short of impressive. In the future I hope to come back here.

1  Thank Mitchell Q
Reviewed 26 January 2015

The San Simeon Best Western is one of the nicest we have ever stayed at. The service was great, the room was exceptional, and the location and views are fantastic. I would stay here any time, and would recommend it to our friends without hesitation. Just a very pleasant place to stay when in that part of California.

1  Thank Ken B