Review Highlights
Fun place

Great place for kids and adults both. We had a blast looking for moonstones and jade. We found both... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
rdb1983
San Andreas, California
via mobile
Beautiful views, not to be missed!

We visited late on a cloudy day, hoping to view sunset. The initial misty views of the rugged... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from US$ 845.00
from US$ 473.00
from US$ 1,197.00
More Info
All reviews nice beach tide pools nice walking pretty beach during low tide drift wood sea glass great place to walk on the rocks board walk harbor seals walking path hearst castle central coast elephant seals cambria moonstone
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I visited Moonstone beach in August 2017 with my parents on our Highway 1 road trip. We stayed the night at San Simeon and this was the first stop on the itinerary on our way south. The morning sunlight was so perfect, and the misty ocean and low population gave the beach a fairytale mystic feel. I would love to go back to this place again, for sure!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The boardwalk on this beach is just wonderful. You can walk for as long as you want and there are stairs for you to use to get down to the beach in several spots. In addition, there is parking in the street and in a couple of parking areas. BE SURE you head down and walk along the sand and into the tide pools. The rocks you will find are just amazing!! You can collect whatever you can carry away in a bag or bucket (just no wheelbarrows!) A very fun experience for all ages.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

they build wood walkpaths and going down the beach is easy. The tide pools are fun, lots of little things, hermit crabs to see

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The "pebble sand" is something cool & different to see. Not as exciting as we anticipated, but kids enjoyed collecting rocks and sticks & digging in the sand. Parking is up near the road and I recommend shoes for getting down to the shore. It was overcast and chilly, so sweatshirts were necessary. There isn't anywhere to rinse off little sandy feet after, so a towel and some baby power to remove sand at the car would have been helpful.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I do love a good beachcombing day! Fun to walk from one end of Moonstone Beach to the other at low tide. As for finding the elusive Moonstone, I spent 3-3 hour days combing the shoreline and found 3 small nuggets the last day. People on the bluffs above were having fun watching me from the warmth and shelter of their car, I found out later! Does seems hard to walk on the large sand pebbles- don't know which foot covering works best, yet! Found quite a few pieces of beach jade for my 3 days of beach combing! Pretty cold, foggy, and windy here in mid-summer- but a beautiful setting!

Date of experience: July 2017