“Nice place for a couple weeks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East

Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Nice place for a couple weeks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We are here visiting our kids and grandkid nearby. The hotel is a block from San Rafael Bay with a nice path to walk along the water. The room with a queen-size bed and couch and kitchenette is fine, although the kitchen is sparsely furnished with silverware and tools for cooking. When some friends stopped by after hiking, we got plenty of fresh towels for them at the front desk. There is are a pool and hot tub where we took the grandkid swimming. When we decided to have him stay over, the hotel gave us a new pack and play crib and sheets for free for him, and have been very accommodating with everything. The free breakfast has coffee and fruit, but questionable bagels in plastic bags. For the price, it can't be beat in the area. There is some noise outside during the day, but not a problem.

Room Tip: Choose one on the bay side rather than the highway side, for the view, from the third or fourth floo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We booked via a "special" price. It was a good price for the area, but the site didn't mention the price was for only 2 double beds. My husband and I ended up sleeping in seperate beds because it was regular price to "upgrade". Will never stay at one of these hotels again, no service and no help from thefront desk..not even a smile. The smell both inside and out was really bad as well. Beds hard as a rock, pets and dog barking all night made it difficult to get a good rest.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Marina del Rey, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

The rooms were nice and comfortable but the walls and doors are WAY too thin. We Were constantly being woken up by people walking by and talking in the halls and the doors to the rooms SLAMMING shut. We live in a busy apartment building so we are used to noise but this was just ridiculous and completely annoying that we lost so much sleep during our stay. The noise issue is very unfortunate because the rooms were clean and nicely up to date. I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel. In particular Kimberly Fornachon General Manager. The staff were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.
Kimberly to you and your staff for making my stay a great one-I will definitely be staying with Extended stay Deluxe Hotel again.

Regards.
Ron Torres Room 312.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East. It is always special when a guest gives special recognition to a team member, thank you for recongizing Kimberly Forachon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
princeton, nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the extended stay for one week during a business trip. While the rooms are OK (clean, spacious) this hotel is kind of scary (at least for me-a single woman traveller); the pictures are deluding because the hotel is in an industrial area with absolutely nothing to do; the guests are weird, I hardly saw any families or children, but bumped into a lot of "regulars" carrying bags heavy with alcohol and I suspect there is some drug dealing too (judging by the some of the characters I saw entering and leaving the hotel). I asked my company to move me in a different hotel because I felt unsafe and shortly after I found out that this hotel was involved in a shooting earlier this year (why wasn't I surprised)? The extended stay hotel policy is to clean the room only once a week, which for me I felt it was too much, the staff is almost never there (and they don't even have a map of the area, nor can they give any advice on attractions, things to do, etc.), the breakfast is a joke (almost nothing to choose from- I only grabbed coffee anyway and bought my breakfast at a whole foods nearby) and the pool looked disgusting - I didn't even dare use it. Overall, this is a relatively new hotel and maybe it was just my bad luck to be there at the same time as many "interesting" other tourists, but I would definitely not go there again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2.1 km away
North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
#6 of 8 in San Rafael

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK