All reviews quiet neighborhood san francisco muir woods ceiling fan close to downtown filtered water starbucks coffee would stay here again sol food surrounded by trees plenty of hot water puerto rican restaurant fridge and microwave nice shower work space maintained property street noise
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This is an older motel that has been seriously refurbished. The rooms are in perfect condition and like new. The staff is friendly and helpful and parking is right next to the rooms. The room includes a refrigerator, microwave, and large workspace area if you're working out of your room.

You must be aware of the fact that the front desk closes at 9 PM. If you are unable to check in between 3 PM and 9 PM, then you may have a problem.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight between stays in Napa and San Francisco. Spent the day hiking in Point Reyes and just didn’t want to deal with SF traffic so stopped off here. But this place is nice enough to be a destination all by itself. Super clean and well appointed rooms. Staff bends over backwards to accommodate guests. It’s not a big hotel but it sure is a comfortable and clean place. Loved it!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Very friendly and helpful people operate this facility. We were on a long road trip and this was our first stop. The property is an easy drive from downtown San Rafael (too far to walk) and the staff helped us select things to do and see in town. The room was very good, the bed and bath excellent.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017

One story motel, in a quiet location relatively close to US 101 (Freeway), surrounded by trees and shrubs. Accommodating staff provided a nice experience - high tech lighting and heating controls, nicely maintained interior with comfortable furnishings. Breakfast offerings of pastries, fruit, coffee, etc., well above average fare. Good parking close to rooms. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room in the center of the establishment. Can't say if any one is superior than what we had.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This was a nice, small hotel, conveniently located off of the 101. It was in a quiet little neighborhood. It had a fridge and a microwave. It must have been recently updated, because everything was new, fresh and clean. I found it easier to walk to downtown then to navigate traffic and pay for parking. Every parking spot is pay parking downtown, which gets expensive. Some of the meters only gave me 20 minutes max. Also, there is no pool or hot tub, which is kind of a minus (we like relax in the hot tub while on vacation). I also didn't like that the continental breakfast didn't start until 7:30. Usually we were gone by then.

The only ice machine is located in the lobby, which closes at 9. So get your ice early.

I didn't like having to use my door key to run the lights and thermostat. I guess as a security measure, you have to insert and leave your key in a little slot to turn on the lights and use the thermostat. I was afraid that I was going to leave my room key when I left. And if I did after 9PM, I might have to rent another hotel room since the lobby would be closed closed.

The owners live upstairs from the lobby. I felt bad coming in to the lobby and interrupting their dinner, which you could smell in the lobby. Plus you can hear their conversations, which is weird.

All said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel. It was a pleasant stay and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms were small, so I'm not sure it would support more than 2 people to a room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business