“MARGARITA IS THE BEST!”

Ranked #22 of 256 Restaurants in San Rafael
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The restaurant is located on D. St right next to Arco gas station. Large parking lot is conveniently available for customers to park. We are located in the courtyard of the large medical building. Please don't let the location fool you. We have very nice outdoor seating as well as indoor. Perfect place to bring your kids or even your dog. Laid back polite friendly service. Family owned and operated since 1979 in this same location!
Reviewed 9 October 2017

If you are looking for delicious Mexican food in a casual setting, this is the place. Margarita opened this place in 1969, and she has acted like a mother to her customers for over 48 years. Long hours, but lovingly spent dispensing delicious food inside or no the comfortable patio. I love her Mole sauce... and the combos are nt to be missed!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My husband and I dated here in 2001 and ate there this afternoon. It is still just as charming and friendly as it was back then and they have more tables with umbrellas out in the patio since that time. Food was good. Husband had the Chili Mañana and loved it (chili rellano in a green sauce). I had a tamale a la carte and it was very good except that I would like to suggest to the chef that since corn meal is dry by nature, he/she really needs to be more liberal with the sauce on the tamale. It was very dry. The restaurant had gotten busy so instead of asking for more sauce I used their 'salsa' which is very good but not a tamale sauce. I don't mean the chicken, I mean the sauce. Service was good and pleasant.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Tucked away in a courtyard behind a medical building, Casa Manana offers authentic food at reasonable prices. The atmosphere is friendly and mercifully quiet, especially in the outdoor tables. The food provides Salvadorian flavors that are not often found in Marin restaurants. The pleasant staff were able to accommodate my need for not-spicy but still tasty food and my husband's love of a good, spicy chile relleno. This place is going into our regular rotation!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

because then I REALLY won't get a table when I drop in,,,as often as I do! Friendliest servers on the planet serving authentic and delicious food with love. Family recipes and little extras ( like the chowder soup while I waited for my guest and some kind of wonderful honey and tortilla dessert) that only add to the experience. So forget you read this so I won't ever have to wait for a table...See you there!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The location and restaurant are so charming. The people who work here are warm and friendly and the food is quite good.

Date of visit: February 2017