All reviews the concierge lounge trader joes nice hotel per day san francisco breakfast buffet starbucks coffee business hotel silicon valley free shuttle minute drive business trip parking lot valet airport cardio mimi
Reviewed 16 October 2018

This hotel is in need of renovations -- that has already been noted. No deadbolt lock in the room (it had been ripped from the wall and not replaced -- the holes hadn't even been filled), no hook in the bathroom (it had been pulled off the door and not replaced -- the holes in the door were a sort of pop art); the faucet at the sink was on constant drip mode (this is in an area where water conservation is a high priority). These are not issues of age - they reflect a management that doesn't appear to care.

This is further reflected -- one bar of soap in a room for two people (there is normally a small bar for washing hands - this much be the new cost savings), bandwidth was poor at times (and I had "enhanced" wifi), and the front desk was of mixed value. When I checked in I was given a map so I could find my room -- she marked the wrong room (at the other end of the hotel); when I checked out I paid cash and waited no less that 7 minutes while the agent went somewhere else to get my change.

I asked to speak to a manager at 7:45 AM. There were none to be found on the property. But the manager is sure to respond that they will do better next time when I come back. Next time I am in the area I won't be staying at a Marriott-affiliated property. There are choices.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JhaneelT1, Front Office Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear RAKlein
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with the San Mateo Marriott. We are disappointed to hear we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit with us. Our apologies for the inconveniences you endured as this is not the type of stay we wish for any of our guests. We have shared your comments with our Executive Team to use as a training tool for our staff to ensure we are consistenly providing our guests with exceptional service. Our apologies once more that this was not ypur experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

The rooms are dated and the bathrooms in particular have old tiles etc. Also, no microwave in rooms. The fire alarm went off the night we were there and it was a major fiasco, with not a lot of communication or help while going on. The lobby area is nice, but the food is expensive in the restaurant and nothing really stood out as exceptional.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JhaneelT1, Front Office Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Jill C.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with the San Mateo Marriott. While we have recently completed our Great room renovations, we are anxiously awaiting the reinvention of our guest rooms scheduled to begin January 2019. This will update the look and feel of our entire property and address the concerns mentioned in your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to better your future stays should your travels bring you back to the San Mateo area.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

A small town near San Francisco is a peaceful quiet but with lots of good restaurants and nice central park has the breathing space for the people near the bay with access to Oakland and San Mateo bridges and nice neighborhoods with a nearby railway station just lovely to be in.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pratimaray80
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Stayed here for the first time last week, seemed to have the most reasonable rates considering Dreamforce was in SF. The concierge lounge is the best I've been to, and we stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties It's roomy, not cramped like some. The food is by far the best - you won't need to go out unless you're very fussy. Rooms were spacious and quiet. Staff was exceptional. Definitely on my list of best Marriotts in the country.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank aspen5
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Not a bad hotel. They are in the middle of updating their rooms so most are currently a bit outdated, but not bad at all. The room was quiet and clean. My ONLY complaint, which is more of a concern, is that the outside doors to the hallways are left open and unlocked at night. We were given a key that is supposed to unlock those doors for guests, but we never had to use it. That is very dangerous security-wise. I had meant to bring it up, but we were so busy during our trip that I didn't get a chance. I wouldn't mind staying here again. We go to the Bay area pretty often to visit and it's in a good central location south of the city, near the airport, and near the south bay.

Date of stay: September 2018