All reviews san francisco underground parking waffles hot tub room was clean continental breakfast would stay here again sfo airport plenty of parking close to the airport long flight convenient location rental car bw freeway sauna bay
Reviewed 8 August 2015

A friend and I stayed here for a total of 3 nights, one stay for one night in a room with 2 queen beds, and a week later in a suite with 2 bed rooms, for 2 nights.
The suite was quieter and better appointed. All rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.
During our first stay the elevators were not working, though they had been fixed by the following day. It happened during the weekend. The first room we stayed in on the second floor (221?) was quite "noisy", partly because of freeway noise, but also had a noisy fan and toilet.
The suite was located across from the room we first stayed in, I think it was 222, and was much quieter. It was facing a tree lined ally.
One thing that bothered me is that you can open the windows all the way, and a child could climb or walk right through. If you are staying here with children choose the first floor. There should be signs posted DO NOT SLAM DOORS AFTER 10 PM. It's so rude an annoying!
Personnel was friendly, but not all were efficient.
Wifi was working well.
The breakfast buffet was typical Best Western. There was something there for everybody except for people that are hard to please no matter what you do for them.
I would stay here again if traveling to the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Nice hotel, helpful staff, clean rooms, safe neighbourhood. Driving distance to shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend it. Rooms have fridges and microwaves. Round-the-clock coffee in the lobby which I appreciated. Great for both families and business travelers.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 7 August 2015

As a frequent business traveller I stay in many hotels, often in the USA and often a Best Western... So I have a large range to compare against when writing a review. This Best Western (quite close to San Francisco Airport) was pleasant enough but at the same time was not exceptional in any way. My King Bed room (Room # 310) was comfortable enough and clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast in the morning was fine. At US$143.09 it was in my mind a little on the expensive side but hey that's what hotels are in California. If wanting a hotel in this area again I would certainly consider staying here as like I said nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2015

We love this hotel. Great prices, nice rooms, and a short drive to the city. You do have to drive about half an hour to get into the city, but that's not bad, and the advantages of staying outside the city a little are lower prices and free parking. It also is close to the airport, so it's convenient for travel, and it's one or two exits away from a CalTrain/BART station, so there are lots of transportation options relatively close. San Mateo is a nice suburb with a charming main street, so be sure to pop over there to check out the restaurants and shops. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the hotel has been quiet when we've stayed. The staff was very nice, and it has a good complimentary breakfast with a number of different options. They also switch out items every few days, so you don't get the same things all the time. They added round-the-clock coffee in the lobby since we were there last, too, which we appreciate. Rooms have fridges and microwaves, there is a guest laundry on site ($3 for the first load, which includes a box of detergent, and then you don't have to deposit quarters into the machines, which is SO helpful) and a parking garage underneath the hotel. Great for both families and business travelers. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2015

My sisters and I chose this hotel for a Friday night trip to the theater in San Francisco. The Millbrae Bart station, which is one of the best, is just a few miles down the highway. Parking is free after 4 pm, so it makes getting to the City much easier.
I was very impressed with the service at this hotel. First of all, we had a last-minute cancellation because of illness, so we needed only one room instead of two. We weren't within the 24-hour cancellation window, but the check-in clerk told us she would talk to the manager and they would do their best to try and rent the room. We were grateful that they were willing to try, and by the time we came back from the car with our luggage, she assured us that the extra room had been rented out online, and our unneeded reservation was canceled. What a relief!
I must also compliment their superior breakfast service. The dining room is large, the attentive, friendly staff keeps a careful eye on the buffet, constantly refilling depleted offerings, and they keep the TV in the corner silent, or nearly so, which is a great relief to those of us who have no interest in being bombarded with TV news in the morning.
I look forward to staying in this hotel again...Congratulations to the management and staff for your excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family