“Awesome!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This restaurant hits it out of the ballpark every time. Consistent, awesome, perfect! The only grilled veges I have ever eaten at a restaurant. The fish, lobster and crab are all prepared to perfection.

2  Thank Vicki P

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

If you’re traveling here this is a must. There grill fired seafood is the best you’re going to get.

I have been going here for lunch or dinner with family and friends for nearly 30 years and it hasn’t changed

2  Thank Pangaea7
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The food here is pretty good, with generous portions and as much delish sourdough bread rolls as you would like. The oysters Rockefeller are completely worth the trip and usually make it onto our table every time. The fish is fresh and families are always welcome.

However, I would say the it is a bit overpriced for the atmosphere. The decor is dated, the tables are really packed in and it is fairly noisy since everyone is on top of each other. The food feels overpriced for what it is, the place is tends to attract and older crowd, and the service is friendly but can be slow.

1  Thank coley5454
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Once again Vera Cruz comes through with a delicious, fresh meal, impressing myself and my guest. Consistently excellent food and service.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Always used to go to Fish House Vera Cruz in Carlsbad, but they closed. I hadn't been to the San Marcos location in a few years and decided it was time to give it a try again.

My friends and I were seated immediately and given menus. Our drink orders were taken and a loaf of warm sourdough bread (and butter) was brought over to enjoy. I had a difficult time in choosing from their fresh fish selection (too many good choices!) and ended up ordering the orange roughy, along with a side of cole slaw and fresh sliced tomatoes. My friends both ordered a seafood salad.

Our entrees were brought over in a reasonable amount of time and everyone enjoyed their food. The orange roughy was tender and delicious and I would order it again. Would definitely go back here.

Not only does Fish House Veracruz have good food, but they sell fresh fish and other seafood right in the front. Will need to bring an ice chest with me next time so I can take some fresh fish home.

1  Thank dml718