“Losing It's Luster”
Review of Spike's Place

Spike's Place
Ranked #189 of 326 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We've been frequent visitors to Spikes, but it seems that with the proliferation of micro breweries it is losing it's charm and quality.

1  Thank John E

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Good Selection of Beer and Ciders, good food, decent customer service. I like the place, I like the food, but I always seem to get the same person serving me who seems... distracted. I'd definitely rate it higher if I felt like the bartender was more engaging.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

This place is an occasional indulgence. They have a world of beer, and although I don't like heavy beers, I can always find a good lager or pilsner to drink from their menu. The food is nothing fancy, but it's not over priced and accompanies their beers well, burgers, nachos, potato skins, etc. It's been in SLO a long time for good reason. Definitely worth a visit if you want good beer and grub.

Reviewed 7 December 2014 via mobile

I used to frequent Spikes back when I was in school, thought it'd be fun to take a trip down memory lane and grab a beer. We ordered two beers and two burgers...
Our server was horrible. Bad attitude, he was intrusive, never checked on us. When we needed something we had to get up and go to him... when he saw this he acknowledged that I was waiting for service, but instead of helping me he went to four other tables first to check on them before waving me down to come to him!
I'm in hospitality and make a living off tips. I'm a generous tipper. But I left him no tip, and we won't be returning to Spikes.

Reviewed 24 October 2014

The service was friendly, the beer selection was ample and the food was good. I had both the Tuesday taco special and the Ortega burger with fries. Yum!