“We ate it all and it was great!”
Review of Sushi Kokku

Sushi Kokku
Ranked #227 of 322 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Our regular Japanese restaurant near home has closed and we've been missing sushi and udon, so we tried this place while on vacation in SLO. It was very good and we will tell all our friends to visit it! We four tried a variety of items, including the miso, sushi, udon, sashimi, etc and found everything to our liking. priced decently for what you get. Lady behind counter very pleasant and nice, kept thanking us for our order. Order came swiftly and was correct. We will visit again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I visited this location on a whim while on extended stay at Embassy Suites. Should have looked at the reviews more closely. The woman behind the counter was extremely hard to understand and certainly not pleasant. I ordered two rolls and the bill is outrageous. Upon questioning it, I was charged for extra items that I did not order. Rather than make a fuss, I just went with it. Figured the family would eat it. Mediocre at best!! Better options in the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

It was a late evening and they were within walking distance. Food was much better than I expected. Worth trying. Would go back again!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2016

There were two other people in the restaurant and my food was prepared and delivered to my table within five minutes. Ordered the edamame, California and Shrimp Tempura rolls which were great.

Suski Kokku was just down the road from the Embassy Suites so it was in walking distance.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The locals here think it is a good place, and maybe. But my visit was horrible. Food was 15 minutes behind the guys I was with. They offered me a take out after 10 minutes when they realized I sat with no food. Some lame excuse and did not offer a replacement of a discount for next visit. Will not go back unless forced.