We went out of our way to stay at the Embassy Suites in SLO. It is a very well-run hotel, with as you would expect an excellent breakfast included. You can't imagine the pleasure that the first cup of coffee gave me in the morning -- the chain *always* has good coffee. The location is, well, blah. Not at all close to the heart of downtown. The directions to get there are mysterious. The rooms need some upgrading, and I alerted management to the need to replace the sofabed in our suite. But such is my faith in the brand, I believe they will do that. The king bed we also had was super-comfortable. Like most Embassy Suites rooms, everything worked, including the heating/cooling system. The freebies (soap, shampoo, etc.) were as I've come to expect of the highest quality.
This time, we were birds of passage, so the awkward location didn't make a difference. If you were there mainly to shop at the weekly street market, or in the boutiques, you might want to go elsewhere. But for a good night's sleep, ES can't be beat.
Warning: Some ES locations have separate and closed off living rooms/bedrooms. This does not. If, for instance, you wanted a totally separate bedroom, you wouldn't get it, at least not where we stayed. The bedroom is enough cut off from the living room to minimize light pollution. But it would not eliminate sound leaking from one part of the suite to another.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive complimentary breakfast and cocktails & snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The on-site restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access (charge included). Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo is 100% non-smoking and a $300 fee will be added when smoking in a non-smoking room or suite. This hotel also has a late check-out policy of a half day rate up until 4PM. After 4PM, the late check-out policy becomes a full day rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites