“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Milpitas, California
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in a room with whirlpool tub. the room was very nice and very clean. Hotel was quiet, did not hear noise from other guests in rooms or hallway. Staff was friendly and professional, suggested where to park to be closer to room. Used pool and spa, very nice, towels were provided at the pool. The only comment I have is that the booklet in the room about the hotel and signs at the hotel differ, two examples booklet said coffee available 24/7, sign in lobby said only morning and evening, pool hours in the room 7 - 11, sign at pool said 8 - 10.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alolewis
lrrid262, General Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Your kind comments are wonderful to receive. I am so glad your stay was enjoyable and that it met your needs. I have shared your response with the staff and everyone was extremely pleased to hear your compliments. Your observations regarding our guest directories are much appreciated and we are working on making the necessary changes. I hope your future travel plans allow you to stay with us very soon. Thank you for your patronage and loyalty to Marriott.

Lindsey Ridgeway - General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

I've always had a decent experience at Courtyard hotels and this one is no exception. The desk service was friendly and they even gave me a dining voucher. There is only one restaurant within convenient walking distance (a diner with huge portions), but a shopping center and a Target are pretty close by, and the hotel is right next to a freeway entrance. The room was the same good quality and spaciousness that I've seen in other Courtyards, the large lounge and fireplace was better than average, but the laundry room could use more machines - they were occupied when I wanted to use them.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank technicat
lrrid262, General Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Your comments are greatly appreciated! I am so glad that our hotel was able to meet your requirements as well as upholding the Marriott reputation. Our goal is to provide the best customer service to our guests so they walk away with the same feelings you have shared in your review. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you are able to return to our hotel in the near future.

sacramento
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Booked on Priceline and got a good deal. Checked in easy and was offered a fresh cookie. The staff were all friendly and helpful although the breakfast staff were a little slow which was a very minor annoyance. The room was clean and well equipped, everything worked and I didn't notice any weird odours at all. I used the gym and it was clean and had everything I needed for a decent workout.

I'd definitley stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
lrrid262, General Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
I want to thank you for you kind comments regarding our hotel! I am always happy when a guest shares a positive experience. Your observation about the breakfast service was shared immediately as it is something we work very hard to maintain. I hope you return to our hotel when you are in the area again and that your loyalty to Marriott continues.

Best wishes,

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The room is huge, the decorating is nice, the flat screen t.v.s are great, but what is this smell? We got here two hours ago and we're exhausted so we aren't going to try and change rooms right now, but however you describe it, body odor or dirty socks, it's not good.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MinnieMomma
Thank you for you generous comments regarding our room amenities. We strive to make our guests stays as comfortable as possible. I understand your concerns regarding the odor issue you experienced upon arrival. We have found that the smell will subside after a period of time as it never stays in one place for too long. That is why its origin remains a mystery. We are still working hard at finding the cause and will do so until we have an answer. My wish is that you will give us another try when you are in the area. We will do everything we can to accommodate your needs.

Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed in room 228 I believe and on the second night of an extended stay I checked out. I'm not overly sensitive to smells but this room had a strong BO smell. The room seemed very nice and clean but I couldn't take it. They wanted to charge the cancellation fee but did waive it after a few minutes. One of my co workers moved out the day before for the same reason. I should also add that my new hotel has free drinks in the evening and a complimentary breakfast. Neither of these are offered at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank brock155
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I want to assure you that we are following up on the smell in the rooms that you mentioned. We have already brought teams out to inspect the air quality in and outside of the sleeping rooms. Unfortunately nothing concrete has been determined. We will stop at nothing until the issue is solved. I hope you can give us another chance in the future to meet your expectations.