3,014 results
All reviews hot tub avila beach the bob jones trail west meadow yoga classes queen suite across the bridge private tub hiking trails couples massage relaxing stay beautiful property romantic getaway gift shop central coast tubs sulfur
Reviewed 22 May 2018

The location is beautiful and the air quality is so good. Overall, I always enjoy going to Sycamore to rest because of usage of hot springs. The hot spring water is wonderful, but the bed was not comfortable and the room was not clean. The rooms need to be updated.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Charles C, General Manager at Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

We appreciate you telling us that you always enjoy Sycamore. I'm sorry that you thought the bed was uncomfortable. We purchase new beds on a regular basis. And, of course, there is no excuse that your room wasn't thoroughly cleaned. I'm sending your review to our Executive Housekeeper. We've completed renovated almost every one of the one-bedroom spa suites, and now are in the process of renovating the historic standard mineral springs rooms. I do hope you'll return. Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I came to Sycamore Springs with my 3 bridesmaids to pamper ourselves and relax before my wedding. The entire staff that we interacted was courteous, professional and very friendly. Since it was our first time at the resort we got suggestions on what we can do and the staff made sure that we were able to accommodate different activities for our short stay. The food and complimentary appetizers were delicious and the bed in our Spa King Suite was very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is fantastic that you and your bridesmaids had such a great stay. I will tell our staff that you thought they were "courteous, professional, and very friendly." And so glad you enjoyed our Gardens of Avila Restaurant and your newly renovated One-Bedroom King Spa Suite. Thank you so much for your lovely review! Please do return soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I had a terrific time. The Gardens restaurant is great. I love walking the grounds and the hike up Sycamore Canyon Trail is challenging enough for anyone. My only suggestion is that it would be nice if there was a shuttle to the Avila beach area and perhaps a gym.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wonderful to hear you had a terrific stay! There is a shuttle into Avila, but it can't stop at Sycamore because the shuttle is quite large and cannot negotiate the parking area. Many years ago, we considered a gym, but when we surveyed guests the majority didn't consider it a priority at Sycamore. Thank you for your excellent review and constructive comments.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Came in late, around 11pm. Front desk person was not terribly welcoming. Had to hike up the hill and find my room in the dark using the paper map. The room was clean but old. The door to the hot tub was open and the room was cold. The air conditioning adjustment didn’t seem to make a difference in the temp. The bed was comfortable. Obviously this particular building is from another time, but at $300 it didn’t seem to align with the cost.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank 371jason

I wish I knew exactly which room you stayed in. We've completely renovated all the one-bedroom king spa suites and almost all the one-bedroom queen spa suites. And we are in the process of the planning a complete renovation of the historic standard mineral spring rooms. Of course, we'd like you to return. If so, contact me directly and I'll do everything possible to ensure you do not have any issues. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

We love the resort and amenities offered. The newer suites located on the other side of the highway are beautiful, peaceful and tastefully furnished. My husband and I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The Bob Jones trail to the beach is lovely and a nice way to spend a few hours.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We so appreciate telling us that you love Sycamore and have never been disappointed! I will certainly share that with the crew. I hope you'll return soon. If I can of any assistance, please contact me directly. Thank you!