“Get what u pay for.”

Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
central Valley, California
“Get what u pay for.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We actually rented 2 rms. Ours was awful, our friends was ok. Our rm stunk so bad we had to air it out, bathroom door didn't shut, water temp didn't stay constant . But the worst was the floor. My feet were black 2 min after I got out of the shower.
But r friends rm was bigger, clean and had headboards. And a bathroom door that shut. LUCK OF THE DRAW ;)

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank shyanne4
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We were surprised. When we opened our room, it was scary to go in, everything is dirty, they never vacuum the carpet, the are holes on the carpets. they never did dusting because spider webs everywhere. Holes on the walls. Pillows and sheets are dirty. Furnitures are rotten and broken. Doors are broken and ripped apart. We had to use a little towel for a holder. Air conditioning/heater is not working, it was so cold, it's like we were inside a freezer. There's a rusty dirty microwave in the room including a rusty dirty refrigerator. We didn't use the motel blanket, we used our own blanket that we brought from home. There's a tag or graffiti inside a drawer. There's blood mark on the wall. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE (HOMESTEAD MOTEL IN SAN LUIS OBISPO). It was a nightmare. Why we stayed in this place because the teacher from our kid's school reserved that place. We should have known and we could have done our own reservation somewhere else. I feel sorry for the other students that stayed in that place and of course for us too. I don't know who checks the conditions of the motels and hotels, they should close HOMESTEAD MOTEL because they are cheating visitors, guests of that town. For short...WHATEVER YOU DO...DO NOT STAY IN HOMESTEAD MOTEL IN SAN LUIS OBISPO. Don't tell us that we didn't alarm you. DO NOT STAY HERE....DO NOT STAY HERE....DO NOT STAY HERE....DO NOT STAY HERE....DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR GOODNIGHT SLEEP............so all the photos you see for their advertisement for their hotel looks descent but if you're already there, you will regret it. We took some pictures for you to see the reality. Don't forget to view my photos. I have to click the "Rate This Hotel" or else my review will not go through.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN HOMESTEAD MOTEL SAN LUIS OBISPO.
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank PGreen57

Travellers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Ventura, CA
Reviewed 30 September 2010

The previous review pretty much says it all, but I guess I got a nicer room, because I didn't have as many problems. The pro's were that the hotel has FREE wireless internet, and that meant a lot to me because I had some work to do. You can't even get that in most Las Vegas hotels. The beds and sheets were clean. Again, a HUGE plus. The mini-fridge and microwave in the room is a nice touch, too.

But there are lots of con's. No A/C (I didn't even see the stand-up fan until the next morning), so very stuffy. Terrible continental "breakfast". Tiny muffins from the store and no juice, just coffee. I agree that the owner's accent prevents any normal conversation. This motel is only good if you're arriving late and leaving early in the morning. No lady would stay there.

As for price and number of beds, I got my room on the internet, and the price said $49.99 for one queen and $50.00 for two! The owner told me all his rooms have two queens. But the previous reviewer said all they had was one???

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank stattad
Visalia, California
Reviewed 11 August 2010

It was the only room with two queen beds available for under $135. We paid $100.75 and were really ripped off! If we had the money, we would have left in a heartbeat to find a better place. We were able to handle it because it was only for one night, and we will have something to laugh about in the future.

The manager (possibly the owner?) and his wife spoke with such thick middle-eastern accents, that communication was very difficult at times.

It was filthy, many things were broken, the heating and air conditioning (two separate units/controls) were both broken, scuff marks, water stains, and what appeared to be burn marks on the walls, cigarette burns (even with a big, red "no smoking" sign in the room) in two blankets, and a tear in another, exposed wires, NO SMOKE ALARM, carpets so filthy that it turned our feet black, no pin/handle for the sink stopper, a desk with the drawer missing, broken handles on dresser drawers, a lamp didn't work, chipped paint, and the list goes on and on! The swimming pool was closed and covered with plywood.

When we checked out, I mentioned the filthy carpet, but didn't say anything more because he kept turning to his wife to translate. It was getting tiresome and we just wanted to get out of there!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family