“Delicious and Convenient Lunch Spot”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Satay Restaurant
Ranked #123 of 276 Restaurants in San Leandro
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 June 2015

I wanted to choose a convenient location in San Leandro, halfway between my house and a friend's. Someone I know in San Leandro recommended Thai Satay, and it was a very good choice. We shared the fresh spring rolls as an appetizer. The kitchen accommodated us by making the rolls vegetarian. My friend had the pad Thai and asked that the kitchen substitute squid for the prawns. I ordered sautéed eggplant and asked that the dish be mild. The kitchen got it just right. I liked that the restaurant was quiet enough for conversation. And also that it was close to BART.

Reviewed 1 March 2015

I have been visiting Thai Satay for a number of years, and most of the time it is nearly empty. The food is very good, the service is excellent, the prices are pretty typical of the area...problem is, the place looks uninviting from the outside. The building is looking shabby -- clearly the landlord is doing nothing whatsoever the make the outside attractive. The streetside windows are darkly tinted, to keep out the afternoon sun, but it results in making it almost impossible to see inside during the day.
Which is all a shame, because Thai Satay serves some very nice Thai food! I have never had a disappointing meal, and always enjoy the calm atmosphere, Thai music and gracious service. I recommend giving them a try.

1  Thank GoofballDad
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Average tasting food, but highly overpriced for the neighborhood.
Only one other couple was there during dinner hour on a Tuesday. This place probably will not be around much longer.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 14 August 2008

I recommend any dish with red curry and coconut milk. The staff is friendly and the food is fresh.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook