“Local watering hole with surprisingly good food.”

Grill Em Pizza & Sports Bar
Ranked #518 of 2,367 Restaurants in San Jose
Description: Happy Hour Monday through Friday 2 pm to closing. Come enjoy our amazing pizza with pick your own toppings, delicious and hearty burgers and sandwiches, fresh salads, or flavorful "kick off" appetizers. We boast a full bar, including your favorite beers on tap, several HDTVs, pinball, air hockey, foosball, darts, and a pool table. Catering and delivery available. Entire venue is available to rent on weekends. Host your next celebration at Grill Em Pizza & Sports Bar.
Reviewed 17 December 2016

This is not your upscale trendy Valley eatery, this is a place for locals to shoot a game of pool and have a beer on the way home from work. But it is very close to my hotel and I was too tired after a long trip to seek out a "dining experience". So I popped in here for a drink and some takeout with my expectations in check and Dominos on speed dial.
I ordered the salad with grilled steak and was very surprised at how good it was. An ample portion of tender flank steak cooked to perfect medium, romaine, tomatoes, and some absolutely delicious croutons. It was actually so good that I went back for a repeat a few nights later despite being able to eat anywhere I want on my company's dime. Would absolutely hit it again if I am staying close by. Drinks were good, and prices were fair. Overall very glad I found the place.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

When you pull into this place you will probably think to yourself, "where am I"? However, be sure to pull yourself past the threshold and start ordering some drinks and food. I was wonderfully surprised.

I drank myself stupid and ate until I had a food baby for $30. The bartender was a super chill dude that managed the entire, crowded place by himself- with ease.

Being close to the airport fit right in with our schedule and I hope I can return in the future.

12" pizza for $7.00, super sized rum and cokes for much less.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food, I mean you can't go wrong with bar food and yet somehow places get it wrong. This is not one of those places the bar food was great.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We recently visited this place during our trip to San Jose California and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and appetizing the foods were. Price is affordable, appealing, and appetizing. Service was good and the place was cozy. It is located in the middle of a busy industrial location.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

This place is located in a warehouse area. Very near San Jose airport and right off the 101. Its definitely a "locals" type place, a little off the beaten track. It looks like it was one of the warehouses that was converted to a restaurant / bar. This is the kind of place that local people probably come to drink and feel comfortable. Not a trendy/upscale type place. However, the Bar tender was FANTASTIC. Very fast, knowledgable and friendly. He makes great eye contact to know what/when you want something. The prize here is actually the PIZZA. It may not be the best pizza compared to great pizza joints, but it is definitely some of the best pizza you'll get at a bar. At happy hour it was $7 for a 12" pizza with two toppings. I expected a thick crusty with little cheese and toppings, but was surprised by a cheesy and tasty sausage and pepperoni pizza. They have some TVs on the walls, a couple of pool tables, and an air hockey table. If you are in town overnight and want a cold beer and a good pizza, this is a great stop.