“Great place to stay coming to or going from Costa Rica”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Alberni, Canada
“Great place to stay coming to or going from Costa Rica”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Very close to the airport with shuttle every fifteen minutes. Breakfast included does not mean a bun and coffe continental style, rather a full course one with eggs, sausage and of course, rice and beans!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RosemaryRonalds
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have been to in a while. The room was mostly clean, but almost all of the furniture is outdated. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room, but the refrigerator was intermittently very loud and woke me up several times. I was on the first floor and the floors above are so thin that it felt like the people above me were going to come through the floor. The walls and doors were also extremely thin and resulted in loud bangs and shudders all night long from other people shutting their room doors.

My room was in the corner right next to one of the entrances. I was staying for two nights so the second day at about 3PM I requested to have my room moved thinking that I was just in a bad location. The very rude and uncaring desk employee typed on her computer for about 10 minutes while I waited and then informed me that they only had one other room on the first floor that was near housekeeping where it would be loud. I asked her if the hotel was fully booked and she would not answer, she only said "that's all we have". I was on a work trip and did not book with a low rate. It was also the middle of the day and should have been easy to move me. As i said above, extremely rude and discourteous front desk staff.

There was a breakfast bar that was adequate and the housekeeping staff seemed nicer than the rude front desk staff.

I will never stay at this hotel again and will be very skeptical of Holiday Inn Express in the future.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank jaxx323
GA
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Room was decent, nothing fancy which is consistent with the brand although it's definitely at the low end of the brand standard. If you're looking for a vacation spot, I don't recommend even though they have a small pool. But, if you're looking for a bare bones kind of place, the price is more than reasonable given the location (e.g. Bay area). It was clean if spartan accommodations.

Room Tip: I was on the side opposite of US-101 - don't know if it made a difference, but it was quiet enou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hershey, PA
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I wound up having to spend a night by SJC at the last minute. I chose the HIE because of the price ($69/night) and the shuttle service. The hotel is older and the rooms were a little odd. My bathroom door wouldn't stay open and the window looked directly into a solid wall. The room was quiet though. Breakfast was good and the hotel worked fine for my needs. If I needed to stay in the area, I would probably stay here again, unless another hotel was close to this price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alexa0614
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We choose this hotel to attend a concert at the HP Pavilion which was only a 10 minute drive away. The staff were extremely helpful in the directions to get us there: I didn't believe her at first but took the route anyway. We only needed to make one turn and ten minutes we were at the HP.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and a clean room takes precedence, because if it isn't clean: nothing else matters.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a convenient and clean place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Best Western Airport Plaza
#11 of 75 in San Jose
3.2 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK