New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Watsonville, California
“I feel at Home....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at Wyndham Hotel in San Jose, California... the staff are polite and helpful. If you need any help they are very quick to response. I feel safe and at home in this hotel.... my room is comfortable... the towels are really white... The breakfast buffet is a plus. Again, the staff are very quick and they are looking out for you. For me, those are the basic but important aspect when I am away from home. I will recommend this to my friends and relatives... and I will definitely come back and stay at Wyndham Hotel. Hats off!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Watsonilla
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your very kind comments about the Wyndham San Jose Hotel and our service team. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay...clean and comfortable room, nice linens, inviting breakfast buffet and helpful and friendly staff. Our hotel renovation should be complete by April 1, 2012 and we hope that you will return to see these wonderful changes. Thank you for your business.

Gary Hageman / General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

The hotel was decent but trying to figure out which walkways were open or closed was a hassle. Perhaps the guests should have received hardhats at check-in. The other thing that was noticeable was the ambivalence of the staff; there appeared to be no motivation to make the guests feel welcomed at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with your stay with us. The renovation has had its challenges but we are happy to report that most of this work will be completed by April 1, 2012. I assure you that once complete the Wyndham San Jose will once again be a comfortable and enjoyable place to stay. I apologize that our service team was not more welcoming and helpful during your stay and we will certainly revisit some of our service training standards. We do hope that you will return in the future to see our wonderful improvements. Thank you for your business.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay here and the food and service was excellent I recommend this hotel. The pool the location and scenery from the roof top was beautiful. The room was kept clean an nice. The front desk were very nice people and very informative about the surrounding locations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to our continuous improvement process and we appreciate your very nice comments. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable accommodations. The response on our newly renovated rooms has been very positive. Our service team is here to help in any way that they can to insure an enjoyable stay. As we will be finishing up our renovation projects in just a couple of months, we hope you will come back to see these great changes. Thank you again for your business.
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

A co-worker recommended this hotel, so I made a reservation based on her recommendation. First I must say, they have the best senior rate (for anyone 62+) in the area. And that senior rate even included a free continental breakfast!

My room was clean and very nice...away from the noise of the remodeling. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. They are keepers....all of them! The full continental breakfast was very good and the waiters were very accommodating.

I'd stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate our valued customers taking the time to let us know about their stay with us. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay including your accommodations, breakfast and our service team. Hotel employees can certainly make a difference in a hotel stay and I'm glad that your experience was truly a favorable one. Our renovation should be complete in just a couple of months so we invite you to come back and see our new look. Thank you for your business.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is going through a remodel. The room was very nice and comfortable. They have painted the outside of the hotel a lime green color..not sure why. I'm still not sure about the area. We usually stay downtown as our daughter goes to SJSU. It wasn't terribly inconvenient..took about 10 minutes to get to campus. Located in the Hyde Park area. Seemed safe enough but a bit unsettling. The lightrail is located right there, so that is convenient if you would like to take it. Would most likely look for a different hotel next time. Would stay again if I couldn't find anything closer or better. Value was okay.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Fun4travels
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We value customer feedback and utilize this information to improve upon our performance in the future. As we are going through a $7M renovation right now, I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. While you may not be sure what to think right now, we invite you to come back and see our finished product. We expect to complete our remaining projects by early April. Our guestroom renovation is now complete, as well as, our state-of-the-art Fitness Center. The customer response on these improvements has been "WOW." We definitely appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.