2,311 results
All reviews double tree cookies sushi bar close to the airport rooms are large per day sjc airport shuttle service sprig conference freeway convenience starbucks event proximity
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very nice hotel. Convenient to airport. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Had dinner and drinks in the lounge. The bartender waited on us initially and we moved to a table where we could watch the baseball game on tv. When we wanted to order dinner, the wait staff ignored us. It was a “not our customer attitude.” We had to get the bartender’s attention to order dinner. We felt invisible. A very strange experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Finding this place, especially in the dark, is extremely difficult. There are no lighted street signs -- just one dark little sign that is easy to miss. Then, just when you think you found your way in, you discover your're in a banquet hall parking lot and cannot get into the hotel parking lot. Whoever designed the layout for the parking lots ought to be fired and forbidden from ever again designing anything.

The room was tired, sad, and unattractive in the extreme. The furniture should have been replaced back when Bush was in his first term. The bathroom should have been updated when his father was in HIS first term. It's very dated, old, and reminiscent of original Holiday Inn bathrooms. From the 1960s.

The place is HUGE. Pick your room carefully or you'll be taking very long walks to and from your room.

There were a few pluses, but very few. The continental breakfast provided to Hilton Gold members was actually quite nice. The blueberry muffins were terrific, especially if toasted a bit. Coffee and OJ were great. Service by staff members at breakfast was first rate -- friendly, attentive and professional. Check in and check out were ok.

The room was touted as having a mountain view. Really? No, it did not.

But, really Hilton, invest in bringing the bathrooms and the rest of the room up to this century's standards. And get a better sign out front so people can find the place and not get lost in your confusing parking lots!

Room tip: Get a room close to the elevators -- or you'll be taking a loooong walk to your room!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This has been one of the worse experiences I have encountered. It’s unfortunate that the staff was great and the hotel itself is opposite. When I checked into the hotel after a 8 hour flight and 1.5 hour drive from Monterey for a wedding I noticed a HUGE cockroach crawling on the floor as I was walking to my room. I killed it and alerted the housekeeping staff thinking maybe this is a one time ordeal. I entered my room to get ready for the reception in which I had one hour to do so and noticed the room was clean and tidy. But I also noticed that a few rooms down from mine had a room service tray that was in the hallway and thought may that contributed to the pest I saw. When I returned from the reception at 11 PM I was greeted with a terrible surprise in my bathroom. A huge cockroach was walking across the bathroom floor and I was mortified. It was too late to change hotels being that I had to leave at 4am for a flight the next morning so I literally had to tough it out. I did not take my shoes off to walk around, I tried placing my suitcase on something high for the fear that one of these cockroaches would get into it. I slept on the outside of the covers covered in my own personal blanket and was literally in fear that a cockroach would awaken me in the bed. No one should go through this and this hotel need a HUGE pest control makeover. Remove the carpets and use tile, spray and exterminate. It was a horrible experience and I couldn’t possibly stay there again or recommend it to others. Pic attached of cockroach in bathroom.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
CookieonArrival, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Tykise L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are truly sorry to hear about your recent experience and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will be reviewing these issues with our entire management team to see how we can solve this and keep it from reoccurring in the future. This is not type of experience we want for our guests and we cannot apologize enough for your experience.

Patrick Reece

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not worth the inflated price. The staff were pleasant. The food we had was uninteresting and expensive. The bedding was fine. We expected there to be a refrigerator in the room, but would have had to pay $25 per day for that

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CookieonArrival, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear assertivenesscoa2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are truly sorry to hear that your recent experience at our property was disappointing. Your feedback is important to us and will be used to make continuous improvements to our property moving forward. We cannot apologize enough for your experience at our property. We will be sharing your feedback with the rest of our management team in order for necessary improvements to be made moving forward. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously.

Patrick Reece

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The bathroom had a bad leak in the bathroom when I woke up in the morning the floor was all wet could not go too bathroom they had too find me a new room and only one they had was the Presidential suite which was not too bad

• Trip type: Travelled on business