New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 San Jose Airport

Motel 6 San Jose Airport
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Des Moines, Iowa
“So horrible we had to find another place at 2am.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

When we arrived in San Jose, it was about 1:30 am. We were so tired that nearly anything would have been OK…nearly. The first room offered smelled of stale urine and smoke. Although we agreed that stale smells of those sorts were better than fresh, we asked for a different room.

The second room didn't smell, but the carpet was green with some brown stains everywhere, the bathroom shower was just a corner drain with a curtain. There was no toilet paper. We called the front desk and was asked if it was needed right away. Odd. Anyway, when the toilet flushed, it screeched so loudly that we couldn't even talk to each other. This continued for nearly 30 minutes. while that was taking place, we looked around the room more, and saw that it was completely filthy. I didn't even want to pull back the covers of the bed for fear of what I would find.

So at about 2am, in the parking lot so I could talk, I was on the phone with other hotels in the area to see if there were rooms available.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eightfifteen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

stayed here one night because it was extremely convenient to the airport the next morning- a 5 minute drive. service was very courteous and they even printed out my boarding pass when asked. the room was very clean- even the carpet, which tends to be dirty at motel 6s. the price was low. bed was comfortable. only complaint would be the usual thinness of the walls. i'd recommend staying here for the cleanliness, price and location. they also now have wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank whomever
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

This Motel 6 is absolutely disgusting. Everything was bad, unfortunately, from the management to the quality of the rooms to the location. It is a pretty shady place. There were some pretty shady people around there. There was no problem with check in, but then again what problems should arise when just checking in? All you are doing is paying the cashier and getting your room key.

Everything bad started after that. The second floor seems very unstable, like the concrete hallway will collapse any second. My room was very cold uninviting and desolate. There was a huge gap beneath the door, allowing lots of cold air to come in. The heater/ac unit was very old and made a huge noise. The room smelled a little odd. The amenities were pretty standard Motel 6. The bed sheets were stained and dirty. I decided to leave the Motel immediately. I talked to the representative at the front desk, and he said he couldn't refund my money and I would have to talk to management. Management decided against refunding my money as well. I was very angry and furious. I would never stay at another Motel 6. This was my first experience too.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Davis, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

The bed was awful, the room was smelly and sort of dirty, the people next door were up all night... a family of tweakers, I think. I worried for my safety and for my car being broken into. Don't stay here. It ain't worth the low price. Sleep in your car--probably more comfortable than the beds there.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Malendia
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

Sorry to say, I can not give a positive rating to this establishment. The first room they gave us was unclean and the bed had not been made. On our way to view a second room, we noticed suspicious activity close to our room. Because we felt unsafe, we proceeded to find somewhere else to stay.

Bottom line. There are much better options near San Jose airport if you are willing to pay about $40 over what you would pay here.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple