“Birthday Dinner with the In Laws”
Review of Henry's Hi-Life

Henry's Hi-Life
Ranked #6 of 2,351 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

My in laws took me here for my birthday dinner since I'd never tried it. On a Wednesday at 5 PM when it opens with no sports events that night, it was easy to find parking and get seated for a table. I've been told it gets crazy busy here so that might be the best strategy if you want to try it.

I had the half baby back ribs which comes with a salad and a baked potato. You get a TON of food here and it's all delicious! I'm glad I got the half rack because I could barely finish it. The main problem is you get a huge basket of free garlic bread with every meal and it's so hard not to fill up on that alone! Who can resist garlic bread?! They also give a sweet bbq sauce to dip it in which was interesting. The ribs were cooked perfectly with a nice, not too messy bbq sauce on them. I LOVED the garlicy butter that is in the baked potato; I wish I could have a double shot of that to completely marinate the potato.

All in all, the service was fantastic and I really enjoyed the food. The inside and outside are a dive but it makes it feel very cozy, casual, and old school. I'd definitely come here again, but only when it's not busy.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I love this place... Doesn't matter why you are in downtown San Jose but this is a must stop place... Kind of out of the way but they do lunch tues thru fri and dinner 7 days a week.. Fri and Sat + event nights they have amazing prime rib... I also recommend the baby back ribs or the pork chops... The house dressing is my favorite and the mushrooms are a delicious addition...

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We were in the mood for BBQ and based on reviews on Google decided to visit Henry's Hi Life... (3/4/17). In order to get on the list to be seated, you have to take a number and place your order. While you wait for your name to be called, you can enjoy 2-3 drinks at the bar; cash only or placed on your dinner tab. We ordered the BBQ salmon, mushrooms, and the chicken and baby back ribs. Definitely worth the wait. Good service, food and drinks. We will be visiting this establishment again!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Baby back ribs were very tasty. Half rack is enough for anyone (I'm 6'5) as it comes with salad and potato. I got there at 5:40 pm and didn't get to eat until 7:10pm. I wolfed down my food and still made it in time for the start of the 7:30pm Shark's game.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Lucky to find this place and glad i did.

Great selection of beer and the food was lovely.

Happily come back again