“Excellent Moroccan food In San Jose”

Moroccan Restaurant Menara
Reserve with OpenTable
Moroccan Restaurant Menara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North 1st Street
Transit: Light Rail (VTA) at Gish Road Station.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

It is my first time to Menara. I have heard about this place on account of a belly dancer during dinner times. But never got to know the quality of the food. But, in this visit I got to try three dishes the Lamb Bastilla, which was an excellent pastry with very flavorful fillings. We also ordered the Lab and Peach Tajin and the Prawn Couscous. Both were very good and extremely flavorful.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Moroccan Restaurant Menara

Reviewed 7 April 2017

The manager was extremely rude; they forgot to bring a second glass of wine over after me asking for it twice then it showed up on the bill. When I pointed out that they had overcharged - he accused me of trying to get a free glass of wine! We were a large group; and it was confusing splitting the bill and when 2 of us went up to pay we realised our mistake. The 2 of us had to pay the tip for the entire table which was $60. At the point when my friend and I were discussing this; the same manager accused us taking things out on their staff by not tipping! Maybe he should pay his staff himself. Ridiculous. Will never be back.

2  Thank Debs2422013
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Visited on Tuesday. Missed the belly dance. However the restaurant has a nice ambience. Service is excellent and food is great. Great place to try Moroccon food.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I ordered the lamb tagine expecting a great meal. The shank was mostly bone with 3 bites of lamb. Very disappointing compared to the cooking here a few years ago.

The belly dancer was unexpected and was the highlight of the meal.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Me and my companions shared Rabati dinner. All the dishes were well prepared, very tasty with unique favors. We were too early for the belly dancer entertainment, and too tired to wait (missed out on that.)
This is more of a place for a romantic dinner then one with work companions. We were staying across the street and did not feel like driving, so tried Menara. There was no disappointment with the excellent service and food.