“Great Ribs and Excellent BBQ Sauces”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #83 of 2,321 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Had a quick lunch at Famous Dave’s with a friend and was very impressed with the ribs. Really super meaty and not fatty or greasy as some ribs can be. It was amazing that a full slab of ribs was only $2 more than a ½ slab, so I took over ½ of them home for another meal. What a deal. They were just as good the next day. The ribs come dry, so that you can enjoy one or all of the 6 sauces at the table. They were all so good, and ranged from mild to super spicy to accommodate all tastes. My companion had the grilled chicken salad, and it was a little heavy – with lots of smoked cheese, gloppy dressing and fried onion strings. I would recommend the ribs when you are in the mood for a meat fest, but recommend not getting a salad if you want to eat light.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Had lunch at Famous Dave's. Previously, I had only been there for cocktails. Service was really slow and the food was just ok. I ordered a loaded potato and to call it loaded was definitely hyperbole. My son ordered a barbecue bacon burger which was again ok but nothing special. Our server apologized multiple times so something may have been off. I probably will not return.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Traveling alone on business, I sat at the bar for dinner to avoid the long Sat night line waiting for tables. Crowded, loud restaurant and bar. My dinner at the bar was efficient and delicious.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

We enjoyed the BBQ combo lunch plate enough that we brought two brothers back the next day for lunch. Good Q and house wine.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

BBQ taste good, but the burnt tip sandwich had a lot of fat. My husband and I had previously gone to the salinas famous Daves and had really enjoy lunch. This time we both got the burnt tip sandwich and every tip had fat on it. The service was good and the atmosphere was good but thumbs down this time on the food.