Comfort Suites Airport
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslight raildenny su turnflight was cancelledtwo queensthe breakfast areafree breakfastfront desk stafflevi stadiumair conditionerdecent hotelupon checkenjoyed my stayshuttlesinksjccouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in San Jose, by the airport. The hotel is super clean and the service is excellent, including a wonderful free breakfast. Best of all was the hotel desk person, Celestina Munoz. So pleasant; so accommodating. We hope they make her the general manager. Dr. Robert Byars and Kefei Byars

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rbyars1Phoenix
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had an excellent stay with us. We will be sure to pass along your message to our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,
Sita Patel

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Shuttle service, check in quick and efficient, clean quiet room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. We had only a short stay between flights and were happy with the service we received. We would definitely return there if we return to San Jose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diawe
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in your next trip to San Jose.

Best Regards,
Sita Patel

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed first and last night of vacation and used the "stay and park" as advertised in their web site. The price was right. The room [most importantly] was quiet, clean, comfortable, but dated. The breakfast was convenient, but basic. The lobby was not heated to the point of being uncomfortable while waiting for the "shuttle," signing in and out. The office person the first night was a young woman who was very nice and helpful. She suggested our going to a very good Chinese restaurant 2 blocks walk from the hotel. There is a Denny's right next door, but not my taste. I was a little suspicious but I shouldn't have been. It had some of the best Chinese food I've ever had. Check out my review. The shuttle service is free, but it really is a taxi contracted service. One our arrival to the airport I called the hotel and the front dest person told me I would have to call the taxi myself. This was awkward because I had no pen or paper to write down the 10 digit number. He had no interest in calling for us, a problem the hotel owners should definitely solve. Overall the stay was adequate, and because of the convenience and price, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, if you so desire.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This one was odd. What they say, and what is reality, are oddly true, but left me scratching my head a few times. It is an old hotel that was renovated to Comfort Suites chain standards by the franchise owner. It is in a convenient, but sketchy location. I mean the location is central and convenient, but the neighborhood is older and sketchy. The breakfast was weak, but there is a Denny's right next door. They have a covered parking garage and advertise an airport shuttle. The fact is, you wouldn't want to park on the street in this neighborhood so it's a good thing that the parking is secured. The "shuttle" is actually some kind of deal that they have with Rainbow Cab Co to pick you up at the airport and they pay the fare. They are only 5 minutes from SJC, but call as soon as you land because they say they will be there in 15 minutes which actually meant 30 minutes in my case. i could have walked, it's that close. Yes, they meet the spec for a free Comfort Inn style breakfast, but it's nothing special and the server was just doing her job, not especially welcoming, but not effusive like you see in many locations. But hey, go next door to Denny's and it's Great! The price of this place is so low for the area, that spending a few bucks on Denny's left me way ahead anyway. My room was huge and new and fresh, but the lobby was thread bare but clean. The AC is LOUD!, but it works and the rooms are a true suite with a full kitchen, dining area, sofa and separate bedroom. So that means 2 LOUD AC units! Would I come back? Oddly, yes. I travel a bunch and this place is cheap and it meets spec, just not quite what one would expect.

Room Tip: Ask to be 2 or 3 rooms from the elevator. They have VERY long halls, so if you are far from the elevator, you will be very far. But at the same time, you don't want to be the first room from the elevator either.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank joelinda
Reviewed 22 March 2012

They offer a complimentary cab to and from the hotel, which is already close to the airport, making for a short ride. My wife and I got there around 11pm and the woman at the lobby was very polite. She scheduled a time for a cab to take us to the airport the next morning and it was right on time. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The only discrepancy we had with the room was the loud buzzing sound when we were trying to sleep, but we just turned the air on to cover the sound and were able to easily fall asleep. My wife and I were both pleased with the breakfast that they offered in the morning because of the variety of food available. Some locals walking around the street at the time of night made us feel uneasy about the area, but we were only staying there for the night. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012