“Super convenient to airport and comfortable place to stay”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #50 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
“Super convenient to airport and comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Literally five minutes from airport. The taxi shuttle was quick and convenient. Laurene, the manager, was very friendly and helpful. Room was very nice. Looking forward to staying there again on all my trips to San Jose.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Sita Patel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Phoenix
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in San Jose, by the airport. The hotel is super clean and the service is excellent, including a wonderful free breakfast. Best of all was the hotel desk person, Celestina Munoz. So pleasant; so accommodating. We hope they make her the general manager. Dr. Robert Byars and Kefei Byars

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank rbyars1Phoenix
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had an excellent stay with us. We will be sure to pass along your message to our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Shuttle service, check in quick and efficient, clean quiet room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. We had only a short stay between flights and were happy with the service we received. We would definitely return there if we return to San Jose.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diawe
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in your next trip to San Jose.

San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed first and last night of vacation and used the "stay and park" as advertised in their web site. The price was right. The room [most importantly] was quiet, clean, comfortable, but dated. The breakfast was convenient, but basic. The lobby was not heated to the point of being uncomfortable while waiting for the "shuttle," signing in and out. The office person the first night was a young woman who was very nice and helpful. She suggested our going to a very good Chinese restaurant 2 blocks walk from the hotel. There is a Denny's right next door, but not my taste. I was a little suspicious but I shouldn't have been. It had some of the best Chinese food I've ever had. Check out my review. The shuttle service is free, but it really is a taxi contracted service. One our arrival to the airport I called the hotel and the front dest person told me I would have to call the taxi myself. This was awkward because I had no pen or paper to write down the 10 digit number. He had no interest in calling for us, a problem the hotel owners should definitely solve. Overall the stay was adequate, and because of the convenience and price, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, if you so desire.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This one was odd. What they say, and what is reality, are oddly true, but left me scratching my head a few times. It is an old hotel that was renovated to Comfort Suites chain standards by the franchise owner. It is in a convenient, but sketchy location. I mean the location is central and convenient, but the neighborhood is older and sketchy. The breakfast was weak, but there is a Denny's right next door. They have a covered parking garage and advertise an airport shuttle. The fact is, you wouldn't want to park on the street in this neighborhood so it's a good thing that the parking is secured. The "shuttle" is actually some kind of deal that they have with Rainbow Cab Co to pick you up at the airport and they pay the fare. They are only 5 minutes from SJC, but call as soon as you land because they say they will be there in 15 minutes which actually meant 30 minutes in my case. i could have walked, it's that close. Yes, they meet the spec for a free Comfort Inn style breakfast, but it's nothing special and the server was just doing her job, not especially welcoming, but not effusive like you see in many locations. But hey, go next door to Denny's and it's Great! The price of this place is so low for the area, that spending a few bucks on Denny's left me way ahead anyway. My room was huge and new and fresh, but the lobby was thread bare but clean. The AC is LOUD!, but it works and the rooms are a true suite with a full kitchen, dining area, sofa and separate bedroom. So that means 2 LOUD AC units! Would I come back? Oddly, yes. I travel a bunch and this place is cheap and it meets spec, just not quite what one would expect.

Room Tip: Ask to be 2 or 3 rooms from the elevator. They have VERY long halls, so if you are far from the ele...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business