Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Shuttle service, check in quick and efficient, clean quiet room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. We had only a short stay between flights and were happy with the service we received. We would definitely return there if we return to San Jose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diawe
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in your next trip to San Jose.

Best Regards,
Sita Patel

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed first and last night of vacation and used the "stay and park" as advertised in their web site. The price was right. The room [most importantly] was quiet, clean, comfortable, but dated. The breakfast was convenient, but basic. The lobby was not heated to the point of being uncomfortable while waiting for the "shuttle," signing in and out. The office person the first night was a young woman who was very nice and helpful. She suggested our going to a very good Chinese restaurant 2 blocks walk from the hotel. There is a Denny's right next door, but not my taste. I was a little suspicious but I shouldn't have been. It had some of the best Chinese food I've ever had. Check out my review. The shuttle service is free, but it really is a taxi contracted service. One our arrival to the airport I called the hotel and the front dest person told me I would have to call the taxi myself. This was awkward because I had no pen or paper to write down the 10 digit number. He had no interest in calling for us, a problem the hotel owners should definitely solve. Overall the stay was adequate, and because of the convenience and price, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, if you so desire.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This one was odd. What they say, and what is reality, are oddly true, but left me scratching my head a few times. It is an old hotel that was renovated to Comfort Suites chain standards by the franchise owner. It is in a convenient, but sketchy location. I mean the location is central and convenient, but the neighborhood is older and sketchy. The breakfast was weak, but there is a Denny's right next door. They have a covered parking garage and advertise an airport shuttle. The fact is, you wouldn't want to park on the street in this neighborhood so it's a good thing that the parking is secured. The "shuttle" is actually some kind of deal that they have with Rainbow Cab Co to pick you up at the airport and they pay the fare. They are only 5 minutes from SJC, but call as soon as you land because they say they will be there in 15 minutes which actually meant 30 minutes in my case. i could have walked, it's that close. Yes, they meet the spec for a free Comfort Inn style breakfast, but it's nothing special and the server was just doing her job, not especially welcoming, but not effusive like you see in many locations. But hey, go next door to Denny's and it's Great! The price of this place is so low for the area, that spending a few bucks on Denny's left me way ahead anyway. My room was huge and new and fresh, but the lobby was thread bare but clean. The AC is LOUD!, but it works and the rooms are a true suite with a full kitchen, dining area, sofa and separate bedroom. So that means 2 LOUD AC units! Would I come back? Oddly, yes. I travel a bunch and this place is cheap and it meets spec, just not quite what one would expect.

Room Tip: Ask to be 2 or 3 rooms from the elevator. They have VERY long halls, so if you are far from the ele...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank joelinda
Reviewed 22 March 2012

They offer a complimentary cab to and from the hotel, which is already close to the airport, making for a short ride. My wife and I got there around 11pm and the woman at the lobby was very polite. She scheduled a time for a cab to take us to the airport the next morning and it was right on time. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The only discrepancy we had with the room was the loud buzzing sound when we were trying to sleep, but we just turned the air on to cover the sound and were able to easily fall asleep. My wife and I were both pleased with the breakfast that they offered in the morning because of the variety of food available. Some locals walking around the street at the time of night made us feel uneasy about the area, but we were only staying there for the night. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 16 March 2012

On March 5, 2012 we checked into the Comfort Suites San Jose Hotel. We had reservations for Monday through Friday [4 night] as we were in town to visit family.

The room was adequate, but we needed to keep a towel over the A/C to stop it from blowing directly on us. The daily complimentary breakfast was so pathetic (the coffee was almost undrinkable) that after the first morning, we walked next door to Denny’s instead. As for parking, as someone else posted, it was terrible with hardly enough parking spaces as well as not being secured.

On our last night, we left a wake-up call for 3:00 AM Friday morning, as we had an early flight out of the San Jose Airport. As we planned on getting up so early, we were in bed and asleep by 9:30 PM Thursay night.

Suddenly, after 3 uninterrupted nights of sleep, our clock-radio alarm suddenly went off at midnight! We were woken up out of a sound (and much needed) sleep.

Being awakened out of a sound sleep and groggy, we tried to fix the alarm, which we DID NOT set, and therefore had no idea how to stop. So we called the front desk to ask what to do to turn the alarm off! The girl at the front desk (who said her name was Anel) thought our situation was very funny. That was NOT the response we needed and we told her so. Her only answer was for us to unplug the clock-radio, to which we told her that we needed a clock in our room so we would know what time it was. She thought that was very funny, too! When my husband got on the line, and demanded some assistance, SHE HUNG UP ON HIM!

Our only solution was to turn down the volume on the clock-radio. Luckily that quieted the radio so we could get back to sleep.

When we were ready to check-out on Friday morning, Anel as still at the front desk. We told her how unprofessional she had been and that we did not appreciate her lack of help and especially the fact that she found our problem to be FUNNY! We told her we would be contacting Choice Hotels as well as the General Manager. Anel shrugged and said she couldn’t care less.

We sent a copy of this report to the General Manager, Sunil Patel as well as to the Director of Sales, Sita Patel.

We are Choice Hotel Members and this is not the kind of service we expect from Comfort Suites.

Update [March 16, 2012]

While we have not heard back from Choice Hotels, we did get a response from Mr Patel. He said that Anel had been with them for a long time and that according to her, the laughter we heard was not directed at us and that she “offered to come up to our room to fix the clock” and that we not only refused, but were rude to her on the phone.

Not only did she NOT offer to fix our clock (other than unplugging it), but if she was laughing at something other that our phone call, it was not apparent and should have ceased when she realised that there actually was a problem.

Despite Mr Patel’s “apology” we will NOT be returning to this hotel again. In the future, we will find lodgings with a different hotel chain instead, rather than Choice Hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family