“A BBQ Joint with food which actually tastes homemade”
Review of Smoking Pig BBQ

Smoking Pig BBQ
Ranked #179 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 19
Description: We are a very casual BBQ "joint" in the traditional sense. The focus is on the food. Slow smoked meats, homemade sides, rubs, sauces and desserts. Friendly service, at home feel. Excellent beer and wine lists (no kidding). Genuine Southern BBQ. Everything made in-house. Our mission is your delight. We Cater too! 25 to 5000++ people.
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I am originally from tennessee, so I am a bit picky about my bbq. Because of that, I can't stand most places which claim to be "homemade" but are simply chains churning out mass produced food. Smoking Pig is not that at all. The Wolf Turd appetizers are delicious and the BBQ is fantastic as well. I got sides of slaw (beautifully tangy) and baked beans (true home style) and thoroughly enjoyed both. I finished up with a slice of key lime pie, which was good, but definitely the weakest part of the meal. Overall, a great experience.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Smoking Pig BBQ

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I've been to this newest of the Smoking Pig BBQ locations several times now, and it never disappoints. I've had most of their menus between all 3 of their restaurants, but the burnt ends are my absolute favorite thing. It's the best BBQ I've found in the South Bay, and I'm so very glad they opened in a 3rd spot that's easier to get to, with much better parking.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We've eaten at the Fremont location several times, so we stopped here for lunch. It's in the shopping center next to Avaya Stadium. The food was very good--Sampler Plate, Stew and Nachos. Everything was tasty, the service was very good. Our server, Mike, was friendly, and checked a few times to make sure everything was OK. We'll come back again.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

This is a great family owned bbq restaurant. My favorite is the ribs, Mac and cheese, and the greens! The brisket is tender and smoked perfectly. They have a full bar with lots of fantastic craft beers, most of which are local. The staff is friendly and eager to help. With its great location right next to the Avaya stadium and the airport, it's a south bay must.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

If you're in the area of Avaya stadium and Coleman Ave. , There is good bbq available in small family restaurant . The Smoking Pig shows it means BUSINESS with its two big smokers in business's rear.
The menu is straightforward. Genne ,my server, is most helpful in creating a delicious complete meal. They have a great guest beer list to try. The ribs are tender and meaty. Baked beans taste like they were smoked as well. Collard greens had just the right heat to enjoy. Very filling meal. The Peach Cobbler was bland. It lacks the sweet syrupiness to make it work. Otherwise a definite recommend place to enjoy. They do have a yummy appetizers list featuring the famous wolf turds (stuffed jalapeños with sausage and cheeses encased in bacon smoked). Try today!!!!

Paul R, Owner at Smoking Pig BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Hey, thanks for the great review, David! We've just opened the location and still working out the kinks, so it's especially great to get such good feedback so early on. Hope we see you again soon.