“Great for me, not so great for my fiancé”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Ranked #4 of 235 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cheese shop, wine bar, small plates, live music
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I had the fried chicken on brioche and it was honestly the most delicious and decadent chicken burger EVER.

The wine selection is awesome and the service friendly with an attitude.

My fiancé ordered the burger on a gluten-free bun, which was served on a wheat bun so had to be returned. That took forever. When his burger came back and the meat wasn't cooked and that took forever as well.

The place was super busy and mistakes happen, so no biggie.

I love that they allow dogs o the little patio, I wish they did this in Canada!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Well...what can I say? I met a wonderful woman online and made The Cellar the venue to do our first 'Meet and Greet'. The atmosphere was great as we dined on the patio where we enjoyed appetizers, wine, and of course the great company. We stayed for a bit to listen to a piano player afterwards. Needless to say, I am proud to say that I am now 2 months into a wonderful relationship with my new girlfriend. I may be a bit partial to The Cellar now as it is where we had our first date; but, besides that, I would be happy to go back there again!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Unique place to bring out of town family and friends. Love the cheese and meat trays, mac and cheese, sooo yummy. Great happy hour menu.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We love the relaxed vibe at this bar/restaurant/night spot/cheese shop. Live music! Wonderful Sunday wine bottle specials. Yummy, foodie but actually appealing, small plates during happy hour. Sirloin tips were the best.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Friends recommended this place and now we know why. Amazingly, it feels like a new restaurant "concept." Cheese trays come from the front and are artfully arranged, beautifully presented and thoughtfully explained. Wine list is interesting and varied. Food is freshly prepared and excellent. Mid-way through our meal the live music began and it too was superb. We liked this place so much we came back the next morning for breakfast. (Only complaint: you can't get "real" breakfast food (e.g., eggs, etc.) until 8 a.m. -- but they were worth waiting for. (I loved the avocado toast with a fried egg on top. YUM.) Loved the servers...and the owner even stopped by at breakfast to make sure we were happy. I'd go back in a heartbeat.