Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 92
SAVE US$ 15
PricelineUS$ 80
Hotels.comUS$ 92
HurbUS$ 95
All reviews good vibes epic surf great art musical instruments great kitchen a great stay josh hostel surfing surfers community california diego pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Was out in the area for business and figured I would extend my trip over the weekend. Never been to San Clemente before, figured I'd book a hostel for more of a communal vibe plus I like the fact that they partner with surfers for (an additional charge) you can take lessons. Spent 3 nights in a private room. The room was great. The only thing I would mention as a "con" would be the highway noise. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest requesting a room that doesn't face the highway. Lee took me out Saturday for surf lessons. He spent a couple hours with me out in the water. As an extreme newbie to surfing he was extremely patient with me and was a great instructor to keep you motivated and pumped up both in and out of the water. Chris checked me in and out and was also available via text or phone if I needed anything. Overall, the staff, location, price, amenities - I couldn't have asked for a better stay! I will definitely be back. THANKS HOUSE OF TRESTLES!!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 17 November 2020 via mobile

House of trestles is filled with amazing and kind people who want nothing more than to make your stay as pleasant and meaningful as possible. From 2018 until now I have stayed here 3 times and it only gets better each stay. Thank you to Josh , Rose , Chris , Megan , Aaron , Welvis , Diego, Nestor and everyone else for making this stay so special.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kohlnotcole
Reviewed 29 August 2020

Very rude manager. Everybody there was high and had NO CLUE how to provide customer service. You can smoke pot all day long but alcohol is not permitted. Probably a good fit for a 16 year old! Place seemed a bit seedy and dirty. Did not want to stay

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Cleanpath
Reviewed 23 August 2020

Staying in the House of Trestles has been an epic experience. The location is ideal -- close to the beaches, pier, shopping, and my favorite aspect, it is covered in art from around the world. All of the staff members have pleasant attitudes and the guests are family. I highly recommend to anyone traveling in the San Clemente area!

Room tip: All rooms offer a unique experience. I would recommend staying in any of them.
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank taylorlipman1
Reviewed 18 July 2020

Very friendly, quiet and clean. Great place to land when in San Clemente. On the south side of town, close to the world class surf spots. Super chill, great art. WiFi a little spotty at times. Great kitchen.

Date of stay: July 2020