All reviews street noise across the street remote control toiletries provided hotel management air conditioner limited parking second level flat screen tv water pressure in the shower dana point and laguna beach a king size bed free wifi memorial day weekend convenience store fridge and microwave minute drive
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Priced well, clean, and friendly staff, but way too noisy. It’s right on the main strip, so you can hear cars going by all night long. If you turn the a/c up it blocks out the noise somewhat. My real problem was with the other guests. We stayed on the bottom floor. We could hear people stomping above us, and others next door slamming doors shut. It’s descent for the price though. Just make sure you request an upstairs room possibly in the corner.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on Memorial Day weekend so my husband and I could visit our son who is stationed at Camp Pendleton. Great location to the base and very charming town. Price was the best! Fridge and microwave were first rate. Rooms were clean and comfortable. No ice machine, but convenience store is in close proximity. The reason I titled this hospitality is because my son left his vehicle parked here all weekend as well as our car. I was concerned we would be reprimanded or worse, towed because parking is at a premium all over southern California. I was thankful they let us keep it parked. Now that we travel with older children, it is not unusual for us to have more than one vehicle. Thank you Hotel Miramar.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Laura N
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The woman who checked us in seemed super sweet. Clean room, clean sheets, no weird smells. The noise from the traffic off the street seemed a little loud at first but after a day of traveling I didn’t have any trouble falling asleep. Helped myself to one of the yogurts they provided for breakfast. The grandma who checked us out was so nice.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The area at night looked sketchy but I was tired. Leery of parking in the back lot but not alot of options yet I was the only car. Oh well. Room seemed chilly and there was no means of heat but there was an ac unit. Door needs more weather stripping since daylight is clearly seen which added to the chilliness. Only 1 trash can in the vanity area but none in the bathroom or anywhere else. Bathroom could use a curtain or mini blinds over the small window so if there are any weirdos watching from back building, they can't see you change for the shower... However, I did find it clean and beds were comfy. Clean linens and toiletries provided, hair dryer, microwave, fridge, ironing board and safe. It's right on a busy road but is still pretty quiet. Definitely nothing fancy but reasonable for the price.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the purity of the rooms, especially the carpet, because usually in hotels with carpets without shoes can not walk. Unfortunately, the television did not work, or I just could not figure out how to turn it on, and the screen did not go out all the time, although everything was off. A little disturbed by the noise of passing cars, it would probably be better if the windows came out on the opposite side. However, overall cleanliness and accuracy were pleasing.

Date of stay: February 2018