“plenty of calories can be obtained here”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Ribbon Bakeshop
Ranked #82 of 166 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Asian, Philippine
Reviewed 28 July 2015

We went in to buy my wife a birthday cake. inexpensive and saw
too many other goodies, great service

Reviewed 31 January 2015

Once a lover of Red Ribbon bakery in the Philippines you have to find all the other branches in the USA. I live in the East Coast and every time we visit the West Coast I try to find the nearest Red Ribbon (there are also 2 in the East Coast but I haven't been to the one in Virginia Beach and New Jersey). The store in San Bruno is fast food and has a few tables for in-house dinning. The "order" line can be very long and a bit uncomfortable for sit down dining. You can have your merienda while waiting for your carry out order to be completed. Unfortunately during my visit there was only 1 cashier and 1 outside helper, the lines were too long which meant very slow service. They need improvement in that aspect. However the craving for Filipino food makes up for the short comings.

Sample baked food times are: Ensymada, Mamon, Ube Mamon (my granddaughter's favorite), cakes and rolls (mango and ube both are specialty Philippine cuisine) and the #1 must have cake is the SANS RIVAL (A four-layer masterpiece of meringue wafer, rich buttercream icing and scrumptious cashew nuts)

The old time snack or merienda food are the following:
Note descriptions are derived from the webpage:
1) Pansit Palabok -noodle dish topped with our special sauce, sautéed pork, fried garlic, green onions eggs & chicharon (ground pork crackling).
2) Arroz Caldo - chicken & rice congee, with shiitake mushrooms, garnished with egg slices, green onions & fried garlic.
3) HALO-HALO - Popular Filipino dessert, a refreshing blend of shaved ice and various sweetened beans & fruits, milk , topped with leche flan (custard), and our signature whipped mango topping.

I definitely would recommend this restaurant to all Filipinos who have a chance to visit South San Francisco. They also have another branch in Daly City which I also visited.