“Awesome food!”

Aji Ichi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 173 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant last night. The food was spectacular. We used to love to go to a Japanese restaurant when we were first married. This place brought back all those lovely memories. The service was great; not too rushed but just the right tempo for an evening out. I had the tempura and teriyaki chicken. Both selections were wonderful. My husband has the salmon and teriyaki chicken. He also loved his selections. Both entrees cakes with soup, rice and, salad.

The decor is okay, not fancy. It like a family place. It was perfect way to start our vacation. We stayed a nearby hotel and walked over to this restaurant. It was a short walk and perfect to walk off a lovely meal.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Great sushi selection and quality. The Love roll was amazing - Great flavors and textures wrapped into one roll. All in all everything was above par with the exception of the Tempura sauce - too watery. Will return.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2016

First of all, parking can be challenging for this location. The restaurant parking lot has maybe space for 5 or 6 cars at best in the rear. There was 6 of us and the entrees were brought out awkwardly at different times so the first two got their food like a good 10-15 minutes before the last of our party was served. And even then, the last two entrees were identical, yet there was a good 8 minutes between the two bento boxes. Our meals averaged around $30 apiece without drinks, but I found myself searching for a snack shortly after. Quality was good, quantity was lacking, but the service was very attentive. I know serving food is an extremely tough business; I think Aji Ichi just needs to polish up on when food is brought out to further set itself apart from other Japanese restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 8 January 2016

i work and live in san bruno... been here many time over the years... family own and food is great. ... always fresh and tasty. not too expensive

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

After almost 20 years of eating at Aji Ichi with Jae and Francis I never
thought I would go back… However there is a new look and new food and I highly recommend giving them a try. Sushi chef is excellent and the owner. Staff is excellent… It is hard to let go of old things… This change is great!

Date of visit: November 2015