“Definitely a place to eat @”
Review of Fat Wong's Kitchen

Fat Wong's Kitchen
Ranked #82 of 165 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 December 2016

So we were introduced to this place quite late. but I am so glad that we were. We would have dropped so much money here. Came here for dinner one night with another family. We heard so much about them. Raving reviews. So we were intrigued. The wife ordered a flat noodle dish, I ordered a bbq combo plate with rice, and we had beef organs and a crepe roll as side dishes. Man oh man! The duck was so tender that it was unbelievable. The skin and the meat were a perfect combo. The bbq pork was amazing as well. It had the perfect amount of fat and meat. Wife's plate was also good. Flavor was not over bearing and filled with salt or MSG. The crepe roll and the beef organs were also great. We had the HK style lemon tea. cold. Also another big bonus.

We will note the subpar service. The waiter doesn't understand water, ice water, or much in general. It's quite poor service. Prices weren't too bad. Reasonable for the quality of food. We'd definitely would come back.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

decent, good food to fill your appetite. service is your normal stuff. late hours are nice. a go to place for comfort food

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Found this place close to my hotel. Seems to be the go-to place for the local Chinese, as there were a line even before the restaurant opened, on both days we went. Had the porridge, 油条/menu says 'flour crisp', rice noodle roll, and fish ball thin noodle soup. Decent.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Not sure how or why this restaurant is still in business. This was not my first time eating at this restaurant but this would be my last time. With so many choices to choose from in the bay area, more likely than not I would not go back there again.

Let me start with the positive. The hot and sour soup I had was excellent. I've always liked their hot and sour soup. It was spicy and very tasty; however the portion was smaller than I remembered.

We ordered total of four dishes. I was glad that the hot and sour soup was good because the rest of the three dishes were awful. The Won Ton Noodles Soup tasted blend and uncooked. The Won Tons were huge by any standards but they were firm and solid? It almost as if they got the Won Tons from the freezer and simply dropped it with the noodles for 2 minutes. Listen, I did not order something complicated and fancy with Russian Caviar from Caspian Sea on the side. I am talking about Won Ton Noodles soup! It's like ordering oysters from an oyster bar.

Another dishes that we ordered were the beef curry with rice and beef rice noodles. My grouse of both dishes were not about the taste as much as the freshness of it. We just did not feel the meat was all that fresh. We could not tell whether the food supposed to taste like that or they were just not cook really well. In either case, we were troubled by it. In all fairness, we could have raised our concern to our waiter but we did not. It could be an anomaly that we just had a bad experience. But this experience left a bad taste in my mouth literally and I will not go back again.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

this place has good food at a great price.. .. great place for won ton noddle and chow mein stuff..small and stuffy.. service is simple and quick.. try there dumpling soup with noodle soup.. the dumpling is huge next to there wonton.. they do have a mix won ton / shrimp dumpling noodle soap