New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport

Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Peterborough
“Ticks lots of boxes but not all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We had stayed at Staybridge Suites before in Orlando so knew what to expect. It had all the usual benefits of nice suite and kitchenette with buffet breakfast and snack meals and beer in the evenings. Free shuttle to/from airport also a bonus. There is also a Mall nearby with great variety of shops and eating places including a Hooters! We knew it was quite a long way outside city centre but BART station quite close so no trouble travelling in but journey and cost less appreciated. Staff all pleasant and helpful. Suite in comparison to Orlando was smaller and older. Ideal for us as a family of 5 and great value but couples probably better served in traditional hotel. Some aircraft noise early and late which was loud but not for long.

Room Tip: As has been mentioned by other reviewers there are no lifts and outside stairs not the easiest to ne...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank MrandMrsSJ
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

My family of five and my parents stayed in the 2 room suite. Not modern but very nice and clean. I appreciated that there was enough room for 4 adults and 2 kids. The stay included complimentary breakfast and there is no charge for parking. So you're wondering why the "poor" review. Keep reading.

In my mind, I was ready to post a good review until the next morning when I was getting ready for the SF 49er game. A cleaning lady comes into our room and insists to clean. (And let me point out we only had the door ajar because my family was getting breakfast downstairs). She comes into my room while I'm getting ready and says she needs to take the sheets. I asked her if she had to do it right this moment and she insisted. Then she proceeded to move items off of one bed to the other. Mind you my personal items of my clothing and other items I was trying to pack up in my suitcase. As she's doing this, she keeps asking when we were checking out and trying to inform me (as if I don't know) that check out is at 11am. The current time of all this was 9:30am. So I told her we were checking out at 11am. Being a bit caught off guard that this woman is in my room with me not completely dressed, I asked her again if she "had to do this now?!" By that time, I guess she had the sheets she needed and realized she couldn't get to the other bed because she just threw my stuff there and decided she'd come back for that later.

After processing what just happened, I was very upset. I wanted to report it to the front desk but my husband didn't want me to get too worked up. He doesn't like confrontation. So I figured this review was not going to be a good one for this hotel. To this hotel, please review and read to your staff, the definition of "Customer Privacy" and "Courtesy". I will never allow this to happen to me again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank cjsf14
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed here for one night after returning to SFO from China. Since we had to be back at the airport early the next morning we wanted something very well priced.

We called for the shuttle to pick us up when we arrived at the airport. It took approximately 10 minutes. The shuttle driver was great and we asked him if he would drive us to a nearby restaurant he did so no problem and also picked us up afterward!

We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite plus a pull out couch in the living area. There was a kitchenette with a full size fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, coffee, popcorn, paper towels, dish detergent and dishwasher. Three tv's. One in each room and one in the living area. The cupboards have pots, plates, glasses, wine glasses, cutlery, etc.

The suites are older but very well kept and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Free wifi in the room.

There is an outdoor pool, exercise room, free laundry facilities (just pay for your soap or bring it). There is a computer room with two computers and a printer, free of charge.

Free breakfast starts at 6:30 am. Since we had to leave for our flight at 6:00 there was no hot food our but the staff had already put out bagels, breads, danishes, juice, coffee, cereal, bananas, etc. for the early birds. We could smell bacon cooking in the kitchen and could see that a very nice fruit plate was being made in the back.

The night manager was extremely friendly and helpful to us in the early morning arranging our drive to the airport.

When we return to San Francisco for a longer visit we will stay here.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage ask for a ground floor room since there are no elevators.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank LSmithTO
Billings, MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We spent one night at this property and found it just great. We had spent a week north of San Franciso and decided to spend our last night closer to the airport for an easier day of travel. We have use Staybridge on other occasions and booked the room on line and it was very simple. We dropped our rental car off Friday afternoon late at the airport and caught a cab back to the Staybride. The only snag in the whole event was the cab driver new less of the area than we did. He kept asking us for directions and we told him we are from Montana and have no idea. We did get to the Staybridge and all was well. We walkded about 4 blocks to a very large shopping area with several places to eat. It was nice to walk and see the sights in the area. We felt pretty safe with all the activity going on on a Friday night.
The room was clean and the ac worked good. The over all property was very well cared for and well maintained. I used the business center pc to do our on line check in and it went as smooth as possible. We caught the Staybridge shuttle to the airport the next morning with no problem and were sadly on our way home.
Good place, handy to airport and dining and some basic shopping.

Phil

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank photobum
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is a very nice hotel. They only drawback is that they have no elevators, as the complex is set-up like apartment buildings. There is a man who will bring your bags to your room, but lugging them back to your car is no fun. It is just 2 minutes from SFO and they have a great breakfast with hot and cold items.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2.3 km away
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
1.3 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,760 reviews
4.2 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
2.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.3 km away
Courtyard San Francisco Airport

Been to Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK