“Delicious curry, yes, in a Japanese restaurant ”

Sankaku Sushi & Noodle
Ranked #29 of 173 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Good Quality Eat In/carry On Food
Description: Good Quality Eat In/carry On Food
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Coming back from Seattle on my way to XNA in Northwest Arkansas, I rain into this place. More attractive than the common sandwiches or salads common to many airports, and certainly better than a chicken sandwich from a fast food chain. I saw with surprise that they were offering chicken curry and then I remembered reading that curry is quite popular in Japan , and they have their own version. So I ordered it to go. I ate when I arrived home. To be honest, I loved it ... unbelievably good.... and a huge portion. The curry was very intense in fragrance, but mild in hot scale. The chicken was surprisingly tender. One of the best that I remember. The other surprise is that the rice was sticky, like in any Japanese place and perfectly matched the curry. Sadly, I don't have a pic of the plate. I will return, for sure :) .

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Really nice, kind people with good, clean, simple Japanese food at SFO. Really nice to have a "home cooked meal" as opposed to petes coffee and stale sandwiches from other places.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Great sushi with fresh fish. Eat their every time I go to San Francisco. The assorted sushi and the soba noodles are my favorite.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

I travel a lot and spend a lot of time in airports. The foods available in airports is generally not that great. BUT! SFO has some really good places to eat. Sankaku, now located in United Terminal 3, is a great place to stop in for a nice Japanese meal. I usually have the noodles and maybe a small order of sushi. You can sit out and watch planes going in and out, work on your laptop, or just watch people. Sankaku is a place I take a few minutes to sop by, grab a nice bowl of noodles and then move on to may flight. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Places like this are why Japanese chef 'unions' insist that eateries anywhere in the world that pretend to serve sushi must have chefs trained on sushi-making like in Japan. When I visited, the two sushi-makers were Vietnamese and Mexican; no wonder the sushi looked most unappetizing. The deluxe udon or soba (@ $16.62) was slightly better than $3 cup noodles, but hey, if you insist on having a noodle soup for breakfast, you just be grateful for it! Prices are high, but this is an airport; the cost of a greasy cheeseburger with frites would be the same.