“Good Food...EXCELLENT Service”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2017

My wife & I had a thoroughly enjoyable lunch at BJ's on Friday, May 5, before flying back to Australia late that night.

It's become our tradition to finish our trips to the USA with a night in either San Francisco or Los Angeles, and to have prime rib (a dish not regularly available in Australia) for lunch on the day of our departure.

Even though prime rib isn't on the lunch menu at BJ's my wife & I asked our server, Ramon (who was friendly, helpful, and provided EXCELLENT service to us), who checked with the kitchen staff, and then let us know that if we were prepared to wait for about thirty minutes (we were in no hurry whatsoever), we could have a special order of prime rib for lunch.

The meal was wonderful, with the beef tender, flavourful, and cooked to perfection...medium rare, and finished on the grill. We shared two sides, baked potato, and grilled asparagus, and both were to our liking.

Thank you Ramon, and thank you BJ's for handling our special request so well. We hope to return for another nice and enjoyable lunch the next time we are in the USA.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent in house and outside vendor beer selection. Try the seasonal Goliath imperial red ale. Food ranges from burgers to light low calorie mesls. Impressive list for light vegetarian fare. Delicious caprese salad with wings done with your choice of glaze. Sandwiches might be their only weak spot. Not enough zest in their creations. Very attentative service especially at the bar area. Outdoor seating available, weather dictates. Superb happy hour offered daily except weekends. Usually from 3 till 7 pm and 10pm on to close. Large parking lot. Large parties welcome. Take out available.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

good beer and food, plenty of choice. friendly staff. busy so had to wait but guess means its good. plenty of parking.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is your typical stereotype of an American style restaurant that offers good enough food at a fair price. I went there to get a quick meal with a friend that just had landed in SFO, too bad we arrived at peak dinner time so the service was ok but it took more than half an hour to get our food prepared and served.
The meat is always good but I went with something lighter and I loved my ahi ahi fish tacos.
I have to make a comment about the restrooms that were at a very poor level of cleanliness..on top of it there was no hand soap to wash my hands before eating, gross!!

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

BJ's has a really great weekend brunch that runs until 13:00/1pm. The food is very affordable with most items under $10. The food tastes great. It's a huge upgrade over Denny's. It's great place to stop before returning a rental car at SFO or jumping on a flight. The staff is very friendly. It's very family friendly too.

Been to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK