Review Highlights
Hometown

I know its probably not as "fancy" as some other forests, but its my local recreational forest and... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Dereck W
Moreno family

Awesome time and beautiful view so quiet and so peaceful we couldent find a better place to relax... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2018
morenosid68
San Dimas, California
via mobile

All reviews big bear lake lake arrowhead hiking trails great outdoors day trip gorgeous views couple of hours easy hike fresh air mountain drive different levels running springs heart bar scenic highway snow trees camping
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The crazy winding road was fun to drive with great views. It's a short distance from town with a few small towns along the way. The lakes are pretty and hiking opportunities abound

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We took the Scenic Highway 38 out of Big Bear Lake. Lovely views of the mountains. Lots of hiking opportunities. There were some restrooms along the way. Whether you have a couple of hours or all day to explore, you can make it work.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We drove here on the way to Las Vegas as we came from San Diego and let me tell you: is as gorgeous as the Sequoia and Yosemite park, although in a different way, no wonder that I kept filming and taking pictures all the time.

Even if you are to only drive though there, the area is very scenic and with views you cannot see anywhere else on the planet. No wonder I loved it so much and you never know, we might be back to check it a bit better.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Both drove and walked in many different areas of the forest while I was up in Lake Arrowhead area for a week. Lovely places everywhere, with autumn color beginning to show.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I went here with a colleague on a Sunday. From Long Beach it was a 2-3 hour leisurely drive as we stopped at several places in the mountains to look at the views. We first went to Arrowhead Lake and then Big Bear Lake. The latter was more suitable for hiking around but both have their attractions.

We only had time for a quick visit of 2 hours but would love to return. There are plenty of hiking trails at different levels of experience. The Rangers are very helpful and there are lots of leaflets listing things to do.