San Anselmo Inn
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
US$ 204
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
US$ 102
US$ 90
US$ 119
US$ 113
Travelocity
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 128/night.

US$ 153
US$ 141
Orbitz.com
US$ 212
Courtyard
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 269/night.

Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
US$ 194
US$ 165
Official Website
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 193/night.

US$ 219
US$ 204
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 227/night.

US$ 176
All reviewsmarin countyexcellent breakfastair conditioningno elevatorcomfortable bedsuitcasesvalenti
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I was so disappointed by the San Anselmo Inn after reading the great reviews. During my recent stay, I had only a few minutes for breakfast because I had to run to make a meeting. When I asked a member of the staff for a piece of foil or napkin to take something to go, she told me, "No. We don't do that here." She spun around and headed towards the kitchen. At first I thought she was joking, but she wasn't!

I travel a lot (all over the world) and I've never encountered such an unaccommodating reply from an innkeeper. The other guests who witnessed this exchange were also surprised and remarked as much to me.

Just the week before, I mentioned to the night manager at a big hotel chain that he didn't need to tell me about breakfast since I would be leaving long before it would be served. As I checked out the next morning, he had a little bag of provisions waiting for me. He even apologized there wasn't more, but it was the best he could do. I didn't expect anything that special from the San Anselmo Inn, but really didn't think I was asking too much to take something to go. I did after all suggest an easy solution: a piece of foil. If they were afraid I would take too much, they could have packaged up a roll for me.
When you combine the lack of parking (you will need to wait for on street to open up when you check in during the day; you park in a bank parking lot a block away after business hours), the pillows that are hard as bricks, and the surly reception from the staff (that days later has still left a bad taste in my mouth), I have to say my experience with this Inn was very negative. It's back to hotel chains for me I'm afraid.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Deer1967
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the lovely San Anselmo Inn. Our room was very quiet, clean and well furnished, with original art and European prints and many thoughtful amenities. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the colorful dining room was truly outstanding. We would love to come back and remember our stay with a smile.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a private bathroom includ.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The San Anselmo Inn is just 30 minutes from Point Reyes and offers better value than most of the accomodations closer to the park. I booked the $99.00 room that shares a bath but was upgraded to a larger room without extra cost when I arrived. The owners and staff really went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The town of San Anselmo is a lovely and safe place to stay. A bookshop, good restaurants, and nice market are nearby. The continental breakfast in the morning was excellent.

Some travelers may find the parking (in a lot a block away from the hotel) and the light in the room (the Inn is downtown amid bright streetlights) inconvenient. Also, the Inn is an older and more 'European' style hotel with a small bathroom, which may bother some travelers.

All in all, I can't say enough about what a nice experience I had at the San Anselmo Inn!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ruinsgal
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We booked through Hotels.com, and nowhere did it mention we were booking a room with a shared bathroom. When we arrived, however, we found out that what was supposed to be a romantic weekend would include sharing a hallway bathroom with another room. This sort of killed the romantic mood. Staff was apologetic after checking the hotels.com website and admitting it says nothing about the shared bath, and they gave us a room with a private bath for the first night, but we had to move back the 2nd night. Two staff people also kept insisting it "really wasn't so bad" and that the shared bath room was a "great deal". That may be true, but sharing a toilet just wasn't what we had agreed to pay for, and making me feel like a primadonna for wanting my own bathroom didn't make me feel better about the situation . Come the second night of our stay, my husband turned to me and said "I just want to go home". Moral of the story - call to make sure what the room includes before booking. If we had known, we would've stayed somewhere else with our own bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank stefLosAngeles
SAwatch, Manager at San Anselmo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

First of all, we're sorry your experience here was not a good one, our goal is for all of our guests to be comfortable and content during their stay with us and if there is a problem we make every effort to accomodate the needs of a guest. In this case, due to the fact we were fully booked, we were only able to provide you with a room upgrade for the first night of your stay, which we did at no extra charge. Unfortunately, sites like hotels.com take the liberty of listing our property,though we have no formal agreement with them, and simply describe the rooms as "starting at $99". Our Hotel has 15 rooms, 2 of which share a bath in the hallway priced at $99; however, we also offer suite sized rooms, rooms with king sized beds, as well as rooms with queen or double beds, all priced accordingly. A tip for all travelers using travel sites to book a room is to visit the property's site for room amenity details & photos. As you can see from our other reviews, many guests do enjoy their stay with us here at the San Anselmo Inn.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

Beautiful and peaceful room with all the amenities. Friendly staff and great location.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple