“Great Latin fusion”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bank Street
Description: Marinitas features a menu inspired by dishes found throughout Mexico and Latin America using local and seasonal products. Through the collaboration of Heidi Krahling and Frank Villa, Marinitas delivers Latin focused lusciousness that is an exciting blend of the new and the familiar. The wine list mainly draws from the expansive selections of the best wine makers from Argentina and Chile. Cocktails focus on the silver and gold liquors of Central and South America. The bar is dedicated to classic cocktail preparations including citrus juice squeezed to order, house made sweet and sour made from unrefined cane sugars, along with the highest quality mixers. Beers include a full Mexican selection from light Lagers to dark regional Latin micro-brewed Ales.
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Loved the guacamole, homemade salsas, ceviche, fish tacos and crisp salad. Could eat this food every night. Great service in welcoming comfortable setting.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

This gem is a favorite destination for happy hour. It has a warm welcoming atmosphere and great social vibe. The menu selections are Mexican and South American. Appetizers present a wonderful variety from stuffed chile to a scrumptious shrimp dish with delicious toast points. Guacamole was exceptional. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I had a real urge for Mexican food for lunch on Sunday, and two of the regular places we usually go to were closed, thank goodness. I say that because Google led us to Marinitas in San Anselmo and we were thrilled by the lunch we had. I had the steak tacos which appeared small but were loaded with chunks of delicious steak, topped by a light , seasoned cabbage that was simply divine. My husband had the fish tacos which were even better - fresh, a spice I couldn't identify but that made it the perfect complement to the fish. When I start going 'mmmm" over and over again, that's the measure of my pleasure and this restaurant got 4+++ "mmmms!" I would have given 5 but the service could have been better. Our server was great but I got the sense they were understaffed or the busboys who brought chips/salsa were very slow. But the food is fantastic and I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Candiece2015
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This place gets a poor rating because I have had to send my steak back countless times. How hard is to cook a steak medium. That is pink in the middle and NOT RED! They cut the steak into pieces after they cook it and they still can't get it correct. WTF!

I'm a local and my family likes to go here so now I order the steak taco's. They have too much salt. And the guacamole is a rip off. It is now $10 and they small dish.

1  Thank analyze_SA
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! It's our regular spot. Great choices for both vegetarian and non, and the service is great too. It's a place for everyone to go and feel comfortable and get a great meal. Kids are welcomed and everyone is made to feel comfortable.