See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Only positive aspect was the friendly lady in the office.
Room was dirty,bed full of hairs, floor not vacuumed, but the worst was the strong smell, disgusting. Had to wash my pyjama after sleeping there (as it made my next room smell badly aswell).
Try to avoid!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank S2146NOmartinm
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

So this place is 1/2 the price of anything around and people rate it poorly. If you want to pay 150$ a night to place your head on a pillow and shower stay at the pricier digs. I have stayed and paid 5x Black Bart prices in other places (usually due to being one of only a few hotels in town) that offered the same level of accomadations. I had a nice sized clean room with a King-sized beg, TV w/cable, modern furniture with a table and chair, a luggage holder, shampoo, soap and large clean soft towels. Whats not to like about all that. Oh, you also might inquire about a discount at the fine dining restaurant. The NY steak was quite tasty and the cliental entertaining. Finally, the staff and management were very pleasant. Don't let the reviews scare you away. Ask for room 212 if available.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank oldmansurfing
Reviewed 6 April 2015

The place didn't seem well maintained to me. The office is not staffed after 9 pm. You have to go to the bar around the corner to check in (you pay the bartender). Not overly clean, but I guess it was alright. The town seems to roll up the sidewalks after dark. I couldn't find anywhere to eat after we checked in (it was probably a little after 10 when I went looking). I think we paid $65 including taxes. The 3 star "average" rating I've given is a bit generous, but I didn't want to call the place "poor": It wasn't that bad, just not good.

Room tip: go somewhere else?
Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Spent on night. Checked in. The tv wouldn't work so the clerk moved us. Went to dinner at the inn. It was excellent. Went to our room, pull down the blanket to go to bed & the sheets were dirty & there was hair on the pillow. My daughter got clean sheets from the clerk and we changed the sheets ourselves. When we moved the bed to change the sheet there was paper, dust & chewed up sunflower seeds behind the bed. We called the clerk to look & he was upset with us for bothering him over another persons dirt. He offered to move us, but I was not going to be moved again, so I vacuumed the room. When I made coffee in the morning the pod from the previous user was still in the pot. CS Miller

Date of stay: January 2014
4  Thank Cora M
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Spent two nights here. Old hotel, young lady working at the desk. She was very helpful and delightful and went out of her way to help me figure out the tv. The rest of the stay was "interesting." The office is definitely NOT handicapped accessible, with very steep steps. Our room had a dirty cup on the table and no replacement in the room. The carpeted floors had numerous stains (pets are allowed), and the old room was musty smelling. The people in the also non-smoking room next to us were smoking. This smoke also went upstairs into the room in which my daughter was staying. When my niece and her husband got into their room after midnight, the cleaning supplies were in there (including the vacuum), and the beds were not made, but the bedding was in there. Everything was a bit musty smelling, but, having stayed there before, I knew what I was getting and slept pretty well in spite of it all, and when we return to San Andreas, we will probably stay there again. It is conveniently located, and we walked to the local Chinese restaurant and had a delicious meal along with the peaceful walk. Cell phones are iffy and there is no wi-fi in the rooms, either, if that is a necessity for anyone.

Room tip: Ask for room on the pool side--upstairs seem to have more renovations completed.
Date of stay: July 2013