“Great stay”

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Coquille, Oregon
“Great stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stopped at this location while moving from Phoenix to Coos Bay OR, and found this to be a good location with good access to the 101, and now that I know it's located close to Laguna Seca, I will be staying there when going to races. Manager was great, and was really helpful when I had to make changes to my arrival date. Really good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank speedracer05
EconoLodgeSalinas, Manager at Econo Lodge Salinas, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you speedracer05 for your review. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Eureka, California
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I stay here on average about 15 times a year. I can say with consistency over the 3 years that I have been staying here that overall this place is just fine. I don't think it's fair to label a motel as "bad" over a one nights stay, or over one bad experience. These are motels, they are not perfect, and I don't expect perfection out of a motel. I love the fact that this place has great rates year round. I get all the amenities I need as a frequent business traveler that I have need of. The rooms are always clean. The noise overall is not out of hand. Sure it can get noisy at times, but if this place were noisy there's no chance I would come back here time and again. Then again I have always found it amusing that people expect absolute silence from every single guest at a big motel like this.

As with any City or Town in California, it seems, characters can be seen in the surrounding area. That being said I have never felt unsafe, I have never had my car harmed, and I have certainly NEVER been umm asked if I would like to conduct illegal "business" from somebody that would be classified as a "lady of the night"

I do recommend this place for those doing businesss travel or family travel, as families can be seen staying here all the time as well. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. They care about the motel. They have upgraded numerous things around the property from what I have noticed in that last 3 years of staying here. It's not perfect, but it fits my needs many times out of a year. I think that should say alot about this place.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank southernflippedCA
EconoLodgeSalinas, Manager at Econo Lodge Salinas, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Thank You southernflippedCA for your honesty! We always appreciate our regular clients and look forward to your continued stay with us here at Salinas Econo Lodge. I agree, we are not perfect, but are continously taking suggestions from our customers to make improvements where needed. Let us know how we can service you better in the future!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We really enjoyed the stay. The current manager/owner has really put in lot of effort and investment to improve the motel.

The manager and the staff were very friendly and provided excellent service. We recommend this to anyone planning to go or stay in Salinsa.

Thanks
Jai

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
We truly have been working hard and greatly appreciate you noticing. Thank you and come visit us again soon at Salinas Econo Lodge.
tel-aviv, israel
Reviewed 21 September 2009

the staff was great and funny,
the location is not good- we slept there 2 save money during the weekend nights.....
there were some frightning people in the suroundings but not something terrible... the t.v didnt work that well...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
We are glad that you found our staff helpful and amusing Nadavpor. We are extremely sorry that your television wasn't up to par. In the future, please notify our front desk immediately so we may address the issue for your comfort. Furthermore, if you ever notice some "frightening people in the surroundings" again, let us know. This is not normal activity and we assure you that you will always have a safe, and pleasant stay in the future. Thanks for the review! Come visit soon.
Agoura Hills, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I will admit it was cheap. And we got what we paid for. The two queen bed room had double beds at best. The beds were rock hard. If it was not for the ambien, I don't think I would have slept. My son found a bug in his bed and my husband saw fleas in the room. ICK! On the brighter side, the shower was clean and had lots of hot water. Continental b-fast is a few danishes, orange juice, and coffee.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family