All reviews train noise would stay here again stayed here small refrigerator and microwave the usual amenities handicap room marriott properties railroad tracks clean rooms continental breakfast room was large coffee maker hwy cereal desk costco laundry
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were just stopping for the night after 500 miles of driving. We picked up some Indian takeout to share in the room. Room was large and had a big enough desk for us to eat dinner at and use as a bar to make cocktails. Here’s what I liked and why we would stay here again.
Clean
Convenient
Recently refreshed
Comfortable bed
Nice pleasant staff
Good value
Nice hot breakfast
The only thing I didn’t like was the toilet. Sounded like a jet engine about to blow up when you flushed it. I actually jumped the first time I used it. HA!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrmjhw
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent service room was very nice very good breakfast. Will stay again next time we are in the area. Good value for price. Very clean and bed was comfortable easy access from freeway. Staff was helpful and found it to be very quiet

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

This hotel is not what you expect from Marriott in many, many ways. First, it seems old and run down. It's dark and creepy. It seemed clean enough just worn out. Can't even check email on the very old computer without it crashing. Breakfast was sparse, not the typical you expect from Marriott.
The worst part is the customer service. Maria at the front desk was HORRIBLE. She was mean, spiteful and vindictive. She threatened to cancel our reservations because she was confused about why I booked two nights separately. It's my opinion that she has a problem with certain races. My husband is black and she treated him like garbage. Then the next night, she did the same thing to me! She tried to change the rate that I reserved the room at, and then threatened to cancel my reservations and my 80 year old parents reservation if I didn't like it. All of this and she KNEW we were there because my brother was in the hospital dying. She was horrible, vindictive, insensitive and unprofessional. She should not be in Customer Service or working with the public.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We would never say or treat anyone bad on purpose, we have shared your feedback with staff and our GM. Our hotel does follow all Marriott Brand Standards in serving the hot breakfast. However we do apologize that you felt this way. Always upholding are commitment to a higher standard of service.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Decent hotel. Clean rooms. Fresh cookies when you check in. Free breakfast. My only complaint is the hotel is near the highway and train tracks, and of course is not sound proofed. Tough to get a good night sleep.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Mehul P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for your compliments , our staff enjoys hearing good feedback about the hotel. However we are sorry that the noise of the freeway\train made it tough for you to get a good night sleep. We do hope that you give us another chance when your future travels bring you back to our area, we do appreciate all of our guest that do stay with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

My wife and I spent 2 nights here in October. We were in room 108 in the back corner of the 1st floor next to the rear exit, which allowed us to exit and be seated at the Denny's next door in about 1 minute after our late arrival the first evening. It
also allowed us to park very close to this entrance, as most people parked in the front. Room 108 has a king bed and a small refrigerator and microwave. The property and room were clean. The room was quiet, although I could hear the roar of the train (no horns) from the track behind the property during the night. The bathroom light was very bright, and a night light would have been helpful in the middle of the night. The sink is outside of the bath/toilet area which we always appreciate. The bed springs were noisy when I got in /out of bed, but the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good, but basic, with eggs, 2 meats, waffles, oatmeal, cereals and an assortment of fruits. There were no newspapers available. Overall, I liked this property, and we would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple