All reviews redwood trees shampoo and soap napa valley wood fireplace beautiful grounds vineyard view room bottle of champagne king room house car wine country tucked away convenient location easy access business meeting rooms are spacious shuttle service wine tour
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Perfect setting perfect service. The most amazing setting yet, convenient to everything, literally walk to wine tasting and dinner. The grounds are well kept and the staff are not intrusive but extremely friendly

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

So I'll start with the good things about this place, the location is great - close to lots of vineyards and nearby St Helena. The setting of the hotel is charming, very green and leafy and surrounded by vines. The staff were very helpful. The association with Charlie Palmer has apparently come to an end and the food was ok but nothing to write home about.

Unfortunately the room really let the hotel down. I was paying what I thought was a fairly expensive rate for a Harvest Fireplace Terrace but my room was very dark and it is impossible to imagine anyone wanting to sit on the terrace. On the plus side it was clean and spacious but I had to turn on every single light to be able to see what I was doing. There was no safe in the room so nowhere to store cash and passports which was a little disconcerting. The room's outlook/terrace was onto an abandoned pool area with a swimming pool that had been drained of water. The overall feeling was one of neglect. My recommendation to anyone staying at this hotel in future would be to only get a room that has a vineyard view.

Like anything I think my view is coloured by the comparatively high cost for a motel quality experience - if they want to pitch as a luxury/boutique hotel they really need to fine tune the offering and provide a more premium experience. The raw materials are good but the hotel really needs money spent on it to bring it up to scratch.

2  Thank kiwinick81
Nathan D, General Manager at Harvest Inn St. Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Kiwi,

Thank you for your balanced feedback. This is the feedback that we need to be able to deploy our team to make us a better organization. While we have seen the departure of the former management group, Woodside Hotel Group is here to support the same ownership group as the new management company and our shared vision is to take the property to greater heights with a focus only able to be delivered by our dedicated Bay Area hotel team who have been in the business for 45 years.

Please do come back and visit us again soon as we are hard at work right now crafting the future of this iconic St Helena landmark.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The location of the inn was great. It is very close to everything we needed, including, great restaurants, shops and of course vineyards and wineries. Our room facing the vineyards was spectacular. The staff were supper friendly and supportive. My wife and I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We have been hearing about how wonderful the Harvest Inn and decided on our recent trip. I have to say it was nothing special. Our room was mediocre, the shower did not got very hot, and the breakfast buffet was lacking. For the price, I would have expected so much more. The location is great and the grounds are nicely maintained, but overall it was just average.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nathan D, General Manager at Harvest Inn St. Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Holly,

Thank you so much for escaping to the Harvest Inn. We are sorry to have not exceeded your expectations after hearing about us prior. Please email me if I can be of assistance. My goal would be to welcome you back and ensure that this sentiment is turned around!

All the best,

ndavis@harvestinn.com

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Tucked away just off the mail road, the Harvest Inn is a beautiful collection of Tudor buildings housing spacious rooms, two pools (one being rebuilt during our stay), A lovely bar restaurant and beautiful grounds. It is conveniently located to all wineries and was a great value for what we paid. Highly recommended.